[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could you help me choose a graphics card?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MDTpf7
I'm pretty new when it comes to building pcs but i really need one for university this year (studying 3D animation) pplease let me know if there's anything i should change. Thank you for helping I'm getting a bit desperate as uni is starting soon ;-;
>>
>>32993
You don't need a liquid cooler, for fuck's sake. Get some cheap-ass hyper 212 clone.
You can go cheaper on the mobo, but the one you picked is not so bad.
You don't need 16gb RAM.
You probably don't need 250gb on your ssd either, so check some cheaper ones.
Buy a WD black with the money you saved, infinitely bettter than blues.
You went overkill on the PSU, you could make due with 650W.
For a card you want at least a GTX 960, if you want to spend more go AMD or 980ti.
>>
>>32993
How much do you want to spend on this?
>>
>>33007
>You don't need 16gb RAM.
Yes he does: this is an actual work PC that'll be doing actual work.

16 is a bare minimum; rendering will only get faster with more RAM than that.
>>
>>33009
Thank you for understanding.
>>33008
I have around 2,500 aud saved up. I don't want to go too crazy but as above i really do need something that'll crunch rendering.
>>33007
Thank you so much for your suggestions! I was a bit worried it'd take a beating with the rendering so went for that cooling option.
>>
>>33033
The Hyper 212 and it's clones can more than handle the load, besides, watercooling is only really useful if you're doing acustom loop with your GPU, which you won't.
>>
Changed to this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bJcyjX
I sshould really stop putting off buying it. Thanks for all the advice guys ^^
>>
>>33135
Consider getting GTX 970. You'll be able to run every game on Ultra in 60 FPS and fill the recommended specs for Oculus Rift. The only better card worth considering would be 980 Ti, in the event you wanted to max out Witcher 3 in 4K (bit then, you'd also need a 4K G-Sync monitor).
>>
File: Advanced render farm.jpg (305 KB, 1000x749) Image search: [Google]
Advanced render farm.jpg
305 KB, 1000x749
If you're going to do mostly 3D animation/rendering you could always look into Quadro GPUs

... Just saying.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.