[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone recommend some media about exploration or discovery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
Can anyone recommend some media about exploration or discovery of a foreign or even alien culture? I really liked the beginning of Morrowind how you get off the ship and see this strange world, and the clash of Dunmer culture with Imperial culture. Other stuff would be like Stranger in a Strange Land, The Road to El Dorado or Star Trek. There's a lot of games that have exploration, but I want something like exploration of a foreign land with a strange culture.
>>
>>31694
>exploration of a foreign land with a strange culture.
Just book a flight to Germany.
>>
File: img-new-world-map-430x339.gif (102 KB, 430x339) Image search: [Google]
img-new-world-map-430x339.gif
102 KB, 430x339
>>31695
Yeah, I know the obvious answer is "get a passport and a flight ticket" but I don't have enough money to travel the world, so I have to settle for escapism on my computer instead.
>>
>>31694
there are a lot of books, beginning from Marco Polo's "Il milione" to the traveling reports of the explorers in the 17th-19th century (or the romainzations or film adaptations of these reports), for example Christopher Columbus, Alexander von Humboldt, David Livingstone, etc.

If you want science fiction, "The left hand of darkness" by Ursula K. Le Guin and "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert A. Heinlein (which reverse the trope), but there are a lot more.

Anime: Perhaps "The Miysterious Cities of Gold", "Twelve Kingdoms" (first part).
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.