[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, I have a 2013 Macbook Air and after a long while of working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Hello,

I have a 2013 Macbook Air and after a long while of working so-and-so the Delete button of my keyboard has completely stopped working. I brought it to several repair shops and all of them told me it is only possible to fix this by replacing the entire keyboard which costs a fortunate and I found that unreasonable considering only one faulty key.

Anyway, I'm trying to find a work around now by binding the "Delete" function to another Key on the keyboard which I use less frequently, say I want to let the "`~" key have the function of my Delete Key. Would that be possible to do at all? Do you know any other work around?

Not having a Delete Key is really annoying!

Thanks
>>
>>31544
http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=ukelele

Is what you're after.

Really, though, you should get it fixed. There's nothing more ghetto than a kinda-working Apple product.
>>
>>31564

gonna try to remove the single key once I get home and got the appropriate tools for the job. For now I need a quick fix up. I'll have a look at your link cheers.
>>
>>31579
>the appropriate tools for the job
your fingers are the appropriate tools.
>>
>Apple ingenuity at its finest

You can buy a rollup keyboard and plug that into your USB slot
>>
>>31595

do you want me to just rip the key out or what?

>>31564

been trying around for a while now cant make it
>>
>>31599
>do you want me to just rip the key out
yeah. you can put it back after. also it's already broken so I don't know why you haven't done it alreay
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.