[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /wrs/ computer illiterate here How is this possible? I didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: wat.png (116 KB, 931x540) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
116 KB, 931x540
Hi /wrs/ computer illiterate here
How is this possible? I didn't make this post.
>>
Do you have Hola installed? Someone may be using your computer as a botnet.
>>
>>16875
Nope,should I delete everything?
>>
like the last paragraph on the page says, it really depends on whether you have a dynamic or static IP.

since it's 12 months after then ban for the IP was filed and you've just now encountered it, i would say you haven't been using this IP in the last 12 months and therfore must have dynamic IPs. so you've just been randomly assigned by your ISP an IP that ran a proxy or TOR exit node about a year ago. either wait until you get the next IP or reset your router (unplug and replug after 10sec).

you can google for "what is my IP" and there should be plenty of noob-friendly sites that show you your outbound IP so you can verify that resetting your router does indeed change your IP.
>>
Either you have a dynamic IP or your computer has a rootkit on it. Either way, talk to your ISP and get a static IP and then reformat your hard drive. Only way to be 100% sure.
>>
Clear all cookies, reboot rooter and try again.

I'd still be a bit worried though. So back up your files and reinstall if that is an ooption for you.
>>
>>16871
I've gotten that a bunch of times. And I can't get any virus, as I'm on Linux with a fuckton of security shit installed.

So you, like me, most likely have a dynamic IP. If you're not sure, just call your ISP and ask if you have a dynamic IP or a static one. If you've got a dynamic IP, just write that on your ban appeal, and wait for the ban to be lifted.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.