[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there some anime similar to Moral Orel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: moral_orel.jpg (28 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
moral_orel.jpg
28 KB, 500x250
Is there some anime similar to Moral Orel?
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 720x498) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 720x498
>>31167
Sushi Police?
>>
>>31180
I actually watched it after the first episode aired, no idea why you suggested it.
>>
>>31241
I suspect it because they have similar animation styles.
OP: Cat Shit One.
>>
>>31167
Which aspect of Moral Orel are you looking for, OP?

"Everything seems to be going fine as a parody/pastiche of a genre until SHIT HITS THE FAN and it gets way too serious," describes Neon Genesis Evangelion, but nobody would say NGE is anything like Moral Orel.

"Claymation" describes not-anime.

"Political Satire of modern WASPs in middle America" has no japanese anime equivalent.

"Dark Comedy" covers Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, but again, that's really nothing like Moral Orel.

Finally, "Starts out all fun and games and really silly albeit a little violent, and then becomes so dark and depressing that it makes you want to throw up" is Trigun, but again, that's nothing like Moral Orel.

TL;DR there is no anime like Moral Orel.
>>
>>31332
I'm more talking about the "shit hits the fan" part. More about just how harshly but still in a realistic manner it delivers drama. Possibly something with a focus on family relations, between parents and children,

Also, I have seen the shows you mentioned. I guess Evangelion does kind of fit what I say and actually I like that show even more than Moral Orel, but I'm looking for something with a preferably more realistic setting. Or even if there are some fantasy/sci-fi elements still have them being far from the focus.

Also, I haven't seen any clay-mated anime but there are anime done with puppet animation.

>>31307
Have seen it, but they are totally different in terms of animation styles. Cat Shit One too, it's cgi while Moral Orel is stop-motion.
>>
>>31355
Paranoia Agent.
>>
>>31332
>"Political Satire of modern WASPs in middle America" has no japanese anime equivalent.

Not OP but this is probably the closest one can come to describing Morel Orel, and I was seriously hoping there would be an anime or something like this. What are some non-anime equivalents?
>>
>>31332
You should add, "Has something to do with Jesus" and say Superbook.
>>
>>31355
>>31746
There are, naturally, a fair few anime with biting commentary on Japanese society. Assassination Classrom comes to mind.
>>
>>31167
>>31355
Lacks the realism but Madoka Magica is probably the best "shit hits the fan" show I have ever seen.

Has the friend/family drama too but to a more fictional degree.

Moral Orel was one of (and still is) my favorite shows, and I like Madoka for the same reasons I like Moral Orel. I'm pretty confident you will enjoy this.
>>
>>31167
>anime
fucking hell, this is not anime, its...
anyway, anime and "cartoons" are very different, mainly in artistic methods(they don't really need to be made in asia, as seen with RYBY and the last avatar). In the future don't confuse the two you nignog.
>>
>>32226

Yea no fucking shit. He was asking if there was any anime similar to Moral Orel. Whats the issue?
>>
File: oyasumi-punpun-859423[1].jpg (100 KB, 800x1279) Image search: [Google]
oyasumi-punpun-859423[1].jpg
100 KB, 800x1279
>>31355
Family and growing up shit hits the fan?

Oyasumi Punpun - Pic related, this one's all over /a/. its literally just about growing up. People love it for how relatable it is, and probably closest to what you want

Arigatou - this one is lesser known, but it fits what you're looking for. Dad was a salary man that comes home and sees his place completely overrun by gangsters making toys of his daughters and wife. He gets rid of the gangsters, but now does everything by the extreme conservative ways in attempt to get his family to go beyond back to normal, but be picturesque.

If you're open to more varied shit hitting the fans and still involving family

Bokurano

Middle schoolers find a giant robot, they're recruited to pilot it and fight other giant robots. Fail to win the fight, their universe dies. Win the fight, the pilot dies. Each middle schooler is informed who's next to pilot after the previous kid dies, and so the manga is about all of them coming to grips with their eventual death and how they say their goodbyes
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.