[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do I do? I just got this email and don't know what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
What do I do? I just got this email and don't know what happens next
>>
>>30040
It's nothing really. It's just to scare you.
>>
Nothing really. It's just scare tactics. Your ISP isn't going to hand over your info to the copyright owner and the copyright owner doesn't have any evidence against you other than an IP. Your ISP is saying that if they keep getting copyright warnings associated with your IP, they'll cancel your service. Cover your tracks better next time.
>>
>>30044
how should I cover my tracks? honestly I'm just really worried
>>
>>30047
Your ISP doesn't want to lose a customer. Another company forced your ISP to send that letter to you, because that company only has your IP address.

Sure, they can sue your IP address as a John Doe, but your ISP won't let that happen.

You got unlucky and got picked up in a swarm, try to stick to not so new releases or things with aggressive copyright holders.
>>
>>30040
If you want to be absolutely sure, just pay a VPN.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.