[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a fucking idiot and recently purchased a razer blackwidow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: RZBWU_11[1].jpg (302 KB, 1440x955) Image search: [Google]
RZBWU_11[1].jpg
302 KB, 1440x955
I'm a fucking idiot and recently purchased a razer blackwidow ultimate keyboard not realizing that I have to have a blatant spyware program running at all times just for the thing to be functional.

Are there any work arounds for this or am I screwed?
>>
>>29550
That's what you get for buying anything other than Razer's mousepads.
>>
I personally only own a Razer Deathadder 2013, but why does the Blackwidow require you to be running Synapse at all times?
>>
File: 53885823.png (11 KB, 987x583) Image search: [Google]
53885823.png
11 KB, 987x583
>>29668
Because "muh cloud".
The idea was you could program it once, and then the settings/macros/whatever would be easily retrievable from >muh cloud if you plug it into another pc (provided said pc has synapse installed of course)

As to why it has to be online: refer to this little gem in their privacy policy:
"By using Razer Synapse 2.0 (“Synapse”), the Subscriber agrees that Razer may collect aggregate information, individual information, and personally identifiable information. Razer may share aggregate information and individual information with other parties."
>>
>>29680
I'm asking HOW does the blackwidow require you to use Synapse.
>>
>>29681
If you want full functionality you literally must install synapse, or else the pc will only recognize it as a generic plug and play keyboard/mouse.
>>
>>29684
>full functionality

What exactly are you missing out on? The ability to save macros across a cloud? Who the fuck cares about that if you're only going to be in one place.
>>
>>29685
No, you're missing out on the ability to save macros at all.
>>
>>29687
Then surely the keyboard doesn't have that functionality anyway, and it's their cloud macro program doing all the heavy lifting.

Just get a different one that doesn't offend your sensibilities.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.