[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, Ive got ASUS H97I Plus, wanted to run a new build on it but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: overview.png (964 KB, 1097x796) Image search: [Google]
overview.png
964 KB, 1097x796
So, Ive got ASUS H97I Plus, wanted to run a new build on it but it doesnt seem to cooperate with me.

Vidya - G1 GTX970
Ram - Kingston hyperx
CPU - 4690k

No matter what I do (tried to run it without ram, with one stick, changing slots and shit), there is nothing but solid DRAM LED, when i press mem ok button for 3 sec it restarts and it starts flashing instead. It doesnt post to monitor at all but fans are running.

I dont have the case yet and I was trying to run it without it, might that be the reason ? Maybe it needs some kind of grounding or shit ?

Any idea ? Or ASUS just confirmed that they are a shit company again and I have to return it ?
>>
>>2951
picture of the actual mobo and connected cables might be helpful
>>
>>2951
It'll be grounded through the PSU.

Make sure you assembled it on an insulator, and make sure you've hooked up:

Pins 21-24 of the ATX connector
The 4-pin/8-pin CPU power connector
Each GPU power connector to its own power lead (do not use a rats-tail to hook up two connectors with one wire)
>>
RAM is one of the two most DoA items you can order.

Have you been successful with this RAM before?

If yes, try out some other sticks of RAM in the mobo, to confirm it's the DIMM slots acting up.

If no, send them back as DoA.

Like what >>2990
said, wear an anti-static wristwrap if you have one, make sure you aren't working on a carpeted area, and make sure you've installed the standoffs.

It takes a very small amount of static electricity to fuck up a stick of RAM, less than the amount for a human to even feel.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.