[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help with virus pc/mobile
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: popupvirus1.png (1 MB, 1280x982) Image search: [Google]
popupvirus1.png
1 MB, 1280x982
There has been some time since i got this strange virus, looks like an adware but nothing that i scan my computer works, i tried malwarebyte, avast on my pc and avast and stopbadapp in my phone (android) and nothing works.
I formatted my pc some weeks ago and it stopped but now its coming back, i found a temporary solution since no popups appear if i use ublock in my browsers but even if i do sometimes a popup appears, i did search google but it just gives the same instructions i used before (run antivirus and hope for the best) so i dont really know what to do and any help would be appreciated thanks
>>
On mobile it goes instantly to a link whenever i stay a second or two in a webpage (lastes-368255.onpato.ru) i tried also searching this link online but nothing useful comes up, if i dont cancel the browser it jumps to the next link (https://popcash.net) i dont recommend going into either of these sites im just listing them here to better help anyone that might try to help me
>>
>>29157
You might try to add these to your hosts file and point them to 127.0.0.1, but that is only a workaround.
What do you mean by formatting the pc? Taking the drive, filling it with zeros and reinstalling the OS?
Also since the problem is affecting both your pc and phone I suspect there is a problem in the network, like maybe an infected pc connected which changes your traffic.
>>
>>29163
reinstalling the OS, total blank not even the drives survived, and there is another pc on the house and another phone (apple) and they are unaffected both, my guess is that somehow my phone infected my pc after the formatting.
>>
>>29166
That is possible too. So reinstall the OS again, on both devices this time since there does not appear to be other solution
>>
>>29168
im fine with formatting my pc again but have no idea on how to do it to my phone
>>
>>29170
It should be as easy as factory reset through settings. Or even better wipe through recovery if you know how to get there (just google "your phone" + "recovery", it is usally a button combination you need to press on startup).
If this fails, read up on flashing roms to your particular device and reflash it completely. xda developers forums are an excellent resource but hopefully that won't be needed.
>>
>>29172
Thanks man found on youtube now one last question, if i save music files and put them back in the phone after resetting everything is it possible for the virus to come back?
>>
>>29175
I cannot say for sure, but if there are no suspicious files among it, only music files you should be fine. And don't forget to also wipe the cache partition, not only data.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.