[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /wsr/ I am new, and I also have a new comp. I got it from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Hey /wsr/
I am new, and I also have a new comp. I got it from Best Buy (I know, it's just supposed to be something basic for like the living room) but I wanted it to be powerful enough to at least play a game or two. So I got it from them, but it's an iBuyPower model.

And it has given me HELL.

Hell, I tell you.

I don't know what it is, but I need help. The disk usage is insanely high, and apps freeze periodically (likely because of the disk usage).

I JUST got it. Clean installs of Win10, and the first time I tried to boot the game, it fucking crashed my rig. Complete shutdown, had to remove the battery to get back into the bios. Reinstalled Win10, to find the freeze problem.

I am so close to the end of the rope, but I really didn't want to send this in as it's the only comp right now. Does ANYONE know of something I can do?
>>
It would help if you posted your laptop's specs.
>>
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/23/2015, 19:38:16
Machine name: DESKTOP-A11JH86
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1.150709-1700)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8144MB RAM
Page File: 2518MB used, 7545MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.10240.16384 64bit Unicode

Direct post from dxDiag

Is that helpful?
>>
>>12518
>win 10
that's your problem

Anyway, really, if you give specs and a capture of the task manager, that will help a lot.
>>
File: Capture.png (40 KB, 648x593) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
40 KB, 648x593
>>12530
It's been rarely fluxing down below 50%
This is one of those moments
>>
>>12532
And yes, I know I have a game client up, but still it shouldn't be, like, 99% most of the time just from that, right?
>>
>>12534
well maybe you should fucking close the game client and see if your disk usage goes down hurr
>>
>>12543
Gonna assume you're not legitimately thinking I haven't tried that, but yes, I absolutely have tried that. Also, even if I did have that up, it really shouldn't have THAT happen. Not a disk usage of 100%, that's just ridiculous.
>>
File: htpc.png (42 KB, 963x350) Image search: [Google]
htpc.png
42 KB, 963x350
>>12518
>it's just supposed to be something basic for like the living room
>>12528
>Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU

Jesus. I'm looking at Best Buy's website, and every model with that CPU is over $1000. This is hardly a "basic" PC.

Anyway, if a clean install of Windows didn't help, this could be a hardware issue. Try running some stress tests to figure out which component is the culprit. MemTest86, FurMark and HD Tune will check RAM, GPU and hard drive respectively.
>>
>>12558
When you're accustomed to finding parts online with your friend so you can both build a computer and get a lot out of it, it's certainly lesser. But yes, I digress it's not just an average PC, sure. Not the point though.

Totally appreciate the advice though, I'll look into it.
>>
>>12518
Pull up resource monitor, and you can see what files are actually being accessed.

When you say "clean install" do you actually mean "clean install" as in "I downloaded the Media Creation Tool, burnt it onto a USB stick, booted and installed", and not "I pressed 'system restore'"?
>>
>>12576
Well, I didn't take that route exactly, but what I did, with help from a tech, was use the reinstall disc for Win10, booted that up on start up, deleted the partitions, and did a fresh install.
I believe that's equivalent?

And sure, I'll do that.

To be fair though, I did ask this because I figured it'd fuck up again. That said, it hasn't yet *knock on wood*.
>>
>>12581
The reinstall disk that came with your computer, or a generic Windows 10 installation disk?
>>
>>12592
Came with it. Didn't look generic, but then again I don't see many of those so IDK.

It specifically was labeled as reinstallation though,
>>
>>12518
Update: Crashed upon trying to run game. This time, however, it took about 10 minutes to do so., was fine until then.

What do now?
>>
>>12616
Did a bit of looking, found out the disk usage actually dipped down and stayed stable after opening the game.

Yet... somehow it crashed.

I have no idea what to do. Yes. I am probably going to send it back, but I'd like to know what even is happening, desu.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.