[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my custom build.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 06G-P4-4993-KR_MD_1.jpg (15 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
06G-P4-4993-KR_MD_1.jpg
15 KB, 250x250
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/nhYpXL

Rate my parts list. Any advice is also welcome.
>>
>>28388
Do you do any rendering or other multithread dependent work?
If not, swap the i7 for an i5 6600K and save a hundred bucks. Performance will be identical.
Swap the Seagate drive for something more reliable. Also the SSD.
Any particular reason for the closed loop cooler?
There are air solutions that are more effective, reliable and quieter. Check out BeQuiet! and Noctua.
Other than that it should perform well and last some five years without serious upgrades.
>>
OP here thanks for the advice ill definitely look into an i5 as a cheaper option. I have the the closed loop water cooler because i was thinking about overclocking the cpu and thought it may help. The case already includes 3 hydraulic bearing fans. As for the HDD and SSD do you think a western digital blue would be a good alternative for HDD and what would you recommend SSD wise?.
>>
>>28407
The Noctua fans and heatsinks do a great job keeping even OCd systems cool while being relatively quiet. Plus you don't risk getting the coolant all over the rig if something were to happen and are easier to clean and maintain.
Yes, the WD Blue is a good alternative and as for the SSD I would recommend The Samsung 850 Evo line or Crucial MX100. If you need some real hardcore performance and reliability then SanDisk Extreme Pro.
>>
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/G3Pb7P

Here's the adjusted list ill probably go with i may switch the cpu cooler for something else though i am still undecided with that. Thanks again for extremely helpful advice.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.