[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fried motherboard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: a6b.gif (145 KB, 200x267) Image search: [Google]
a6b.gif
145 KB, 200x267
my moms blaming me for her 8 year old laptops motherboard getting fried,she said it was because i but it on the bed when i used it.

the computer was all around shitty condition,riddled with viruses,parts and peices broken off ect.

could i realistically be held responsible for the motherboards destruction?could using it on a bed really be the cause?
>>
File: 1448874428116.jpg (290 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1448874428116.jpg
290 KB, 900x1200
>>27744
>8 year old computer
Stop right there 2008.. stop
>pieces broken off shit condition
>put it on the bed
One your pc was just dying zo hard and you pulled the plug by putting it on the bed which probably overheat the CPU , but you didn't fried it probably broken parts internally hit each other in which may friend it so technically it is and isn't your fault
>>
>>27744
What do you mean by "fried"? Do you mean that it melted or overheated?

In some cases when you use a laptop on a bed, it can block the ventilation ports for the fan and cause overheating. It shouldn't damage your computer though as it should thermal throttle and power off if it overheats.
>>
>>27756
i think it just stopped working.it didnt melt as far as im told
>>
>>27761
If the computer didn't stop working when you were using it on the bed, then you are not responsible for it not working now.
>>
>>27756
if only companies would stop putting vents on the bottom of laptops

laptops are so shitty they dont even follow any form factors fuck laptops so much
>>
>>27767
>only 55gb

>not big enough for significant augmentation so getting more space is kimpossible
>>
>>27744
Laptops don't like being used on a bed. She has a point.

They're meant to be used on a flat surface like a desk; they're not even called "laptops" in any official literature anymore*, because you're not supposed to put them on your lap.

Computers fail more when they're hot. Laptops get hot when they're on a squishy insulator instead of the ventilated flat surface they're designed for.

tl;dr: you took something that wasn't yours, treated it like shit, and it broke. Man up and fix it.

* go look! It's true! They're called "notebooks" now.
>>
>>27744
>8 year old
Jesus, just hit up eBay for $30 worth of parts, and give it back good as new.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.