[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parental Control
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Can someone point me in the direction of some powerful parental control software? I would appreciate it if it blocks https: as well.
>>
why the hell would you want to blanket-block TLS (https)? are you trying to make whoever uses the machine *less* safe and bar them from a load of useful educational sites? seems kinda counter-intuitive...

also: bad question for 4chan, but i'm sure there's a thousand blogs of concerned upstanding parents comparing the features of various pieces of surveillance and blocking software.
>>
>>27543
Because you can't see what's going on, duh.
>>
>>27575
If you wanna see what's going on, go full creep and VNC that shit.

Also, as someone who, amongst other things works in network security, you can't block shit in a safe way unless it's a white list instead of a black list. And many sites, including most email services and social network sites, don't let you log in if you're not under SSL (though of course, if you wanna creep, you can always MITM and use auditing tools like Moxie's sslstrip to fake ssl to the server while you're getting all the traffic in the middle).

OR, you could be a responsible parent, talk to your children, properly explain why you don't want them to access whatever you don't want them to access, and trust in not only your children, but in the fact that your concerns are sound and not just bullshit.

Oh, also, having children is the worst crime you could ever commit, you selfish cunt. Read some Schopenhauer.
>>
>>27622
>OR, you could be a responsible parent, talk to your children, properly explain why you don't want them to access whatever you don't want them to access, and trust in not only your children, but in the fact that your concerns are sound and not just bullshit.
Or just teach them about life before they learn about it from their friends and the internet. Better they learn about shit from their parents than from people you don't know who could have some ulterior motive. Innocence may be cute but it isn't the least bit safe. This really is the worst place to ask for such software though. I'm sure a google search would be several orders of magnitude more helpful for parenting advice than a bunch of anonymous perverts on an anime website.
>>
>>27652
You'd be surprised.
>>
>>27656
Well, you're unlikely get it by asking for it here, at least. I'll admit I've gotten some of my most helpful guidance from off-topic discussions on other boards though.
>>
>>27575
yeah, but DNS lookup is always unencrypted as is the target IP, so even if they use https and delete the history you could know which sites they were on.

soemthing's fishy. be upfront - what the hell are you planning to do? knows about https being a problem for monitoring content, but too dumb to find a parental control software themselves. less interested in blockig than in creeping. hasn't asked about mobile devices, even though pretty much every kid on the planet runs around with pocket internet these days...

what kind of fishy attack are you planning really while playing the concerned parent card?

>>27622
>OR, you could be a responsible parent, talk to your children, properly explain why you don't want them to access whatever you don't want them to access, and trust in not only your children
oh god, this so much!

also, you really think someone asking on 4chan for parental control software is bright enough for a man in the middle?
>>
>>27663
>you really think someone asking on 4chan for parental control software is bright enough for a man in the middle?
Sure.

Not OP though. But still, he asked how, I explained how.

>>27659
Implying my post >>27622 isn't sound advice.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.