[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
deconstruction of partner monsters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: pokemon_vs_digimon_2_by_arineu.jpg (72 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_vs_digimon_2_by_arineu.jpg
72 KB, 600x338
Are there any anime or manga series that give to pokemon or digimon style "monster partners" the treatment evangelion gave to mechas or madoka to magical girls?
>>
You can read Shadow star (Narutaru).
>>
>>27295
Thanks anon I'll check it out.
>>
>>27248
>deconstruction
>madoka
>evangelion
Maybe you should just kill yourself.
>>
>>27248

Shin Megami Tensei. Devil Survivor is memorable as the one I enjoyed most.

None of the following is spoilers: The series is willing to take the conclusion of the mon genre that "any society with monsters controlled by humans quickly degenerates into hedonism, mass murder, and cataclysmic destruction". You get to play through that.

Some deconstructions I remember, none of which are spoilers:
>There is no reason "legendary monsters" would be content to sit in caves and let children capture them
>The entire concept of monster capture is kind of dumb if what you're capturing is sentient and hostile. Why don't they just wreck your shit the moment they get out of the pokeball, anyways? Monsters in SMT are invariably sentient, can talk, and need their allegiance paid for; or need to be created through fusion.
>No monster with godlike powers is going to subject itself to external control, and will use any godlike power at their disposal to absolutely wreck your shit if you attempt to stop them from their desires. This means the game pulls no punches on difficulty.

Combine with a good story and it's my go to pokemon deconstruction.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.