[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok party people. I am a complete newfag so people don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: vsnote2.jpg (98 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
vsnote2.jpg
98 KB, 780x585
Ok party people. I am a complete newfag so people don't get upsed if I don't the dank memes here.

I want to buy a phone, or some device I can use to call people like a phone. I've seen smartphones, but their screens are usually too small. I'd like to buy something I can do stuff like excel spreadsheets on, watch movies, view pdf files and shit. It would be perfect if some kind of keyboard wireless thing existed for more intensive tasks.

So i was looking at things and it seems like I need something like an Ipad mini, or a galaxy note. Making phone calls with a full blown TABLET would make me look retarded.

Pls halp
>>
Get a dumb phone, cheap tablet of choice and a form of chromebook.

You'll be sorted.
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 750x598) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 750x598
>>2711
>It would be perfect if some kind of keyboard wireless thing existed for more intensive tasks.
Your radical ideas about Bluetooth keyboards have already occurred to others.

iPhone 6 plus a keyboard is perfectly acceptable for Excel.

It sounds like you've convinced yourself you want a phablet. You don't, because phablets make shit phones, don't fit in your pocket, can't be used one-handed, don't really offer an appreciable advantage over their phone counterparts, and give up a lot of the convenient portability that makes phones so useful.

Just get an iPhone 6, a mini-keyboard case, and an iPad keyboard stand for when you're at a desk, and you'll be laughing.
>>
>>2721
>chromebook

What is this sorcery?

>>2755
>getting an Iphone
>no

Phablet, I like this. But no, I want one of these phablets, The idea of calling my mom to tell her "Yes mum I am eating enough" and after I am done with my call to view graphs and shit and then ask girls on kik for nudes makes me moist.

I guess I could achieve everything by getting different devices for different tasks. Smartphone for communication, tablet for general entertainment, laptop for work.

But

I
WANT
EVERYTHING

So what do I get?
>>
>>2755
Besides, how can something make a shit phone? I just need it for calls, and maybe some texts.
>>
cheap dumbphone + cheap windows tablet
cheap $100 smartphone for very basic stuff + cheap windows tablet
You can literally get windows tablets for $50 now, and they are much better than very cheap android ones
>>
>>2795
I already have a cheap dumbphone. Can I still make phone calls with a cheap tablet or are there some requirements necessary?

What is literally the cheapest way to make phone calls with a device I can also use for kik nudes, excel spreadsheets viewan and web browsing?
>>
>>2809
>Can I still make phone calls with a cheap tablet
Usually tablets have the voice part disabled even if they have a modem. If you only want one device but also want to make phone calls, you'll need a smartphone
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 460x276
>>2785
By being larger than a human head, annoying to hold in one hand, bending when you sit on it, smashing into a million pieces the first time you drop it, not fitting in your pocket, being too heavy to hold during a long phone call, being too big heavy and awkward to use for walking directions, not sitting nicely on your dash when you're using it for navigation, being incompatible with most of the really cool accessories like fully-waterproof cases, keyboard cases, etc. etc. etc.

There's a reason phones are all phone-sized, and that's because phone-sized is a really nice size for a phone to be.

In any case, iPhone 6S Plus is a phablet. Go have a look at one, and you'll see how stupid an idea phablets are. You think you want one, because you haven't tried to use one yet.
>>
>>2822
But I don't want a smartphone :(

>implying I plan on sitting on it
>implying I aint planning on buying a case
>implying I put shit in my pockets

OH

Iphone 6S is phablet? I'll czech it out. How is this Iphone6s to jailbreak?
>>
>>2831
Yeah I've looked at the Iphone 6S plus. Fuck phablets them are fucking retarded.

So, I need a smallish tablet that I can also use to make phone calls. I'll just buy a bluetooth headset or some shit.
>>
Wait.

Hold on.

Are phone calls and text messages literally the only one thing I can't do on a tablet compared to what I can do on a smartphone?

Could I also not install whatsapp and skype on a tablet?
>>
>>2711
nexus 6?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.