[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, so my computer's got quite a few years under it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Alright, so my computer's got quite a few years under it's belt, it makes occasional creaks and groans and does all the things you'd expect a computer that's getting a bit on in years to do. So I decided to do that thing that people much smarter than me do, and make a backup before it eventually shits itself.

I invested in an external hard drive that's got more than enough room, So now this has me thinking. I've got two drives, a D: drive that's my Steam folder and a bunch of video games and shit, things that I can easily redownload and reinstall. My C: drive is where my system settings, important programs, and beloved pictures/music are. So here's what I'm asking you :

Should I just back up my entire C: drive? Will that make it so I can just basically copy-paste unload that into a new computer that I eventually get and just get all my shit back, or is there more to it?
>>
You only need to backup things you can't replace.

>images
>documents
>settings and configurations
>>
>>26815
Oh sure, I know I don't NEED to replace the entire thing, I'm just wondering if just copying the whole thing will make it easier for me, since I'm a lazy bastard.
>>
>>26817
Well, yeah. Make sure to use Windows Backup though and not just copy paste everything.
>>
>>26818
Of course. Cheers.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.