[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A request for a mod
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: banhammer.jpg (17 KB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
banhammer.jpg
17 KB, 540x303
I'm not sure this actually fits this board, I guess it technically falls under the "Any other kind of work-safe request".

Anyway I'm kind of addicted to this site. Not badly, not like I spend every day all day here, but some days I do spend all day here and I need to stick my routine and follow it every day, no exception, for the next four months, because I need to study. I don't wanna derail a thread or post illegal stuff, I'd feel bad and disgusted about it, and it could get me banned too little, or forever, neither of which is what I need.

Could I get a ban until, say, the middle of May? Please mods. I'm not trying to troll here, this is a genuine request.
>>
Bans no longer prevents you from lurking, it only prevents you from posting. I don't think a ban is the solution you're looking for.

Just get a grip, anon.
>>
>>26236
Lurking gets tiring if I don't get to post. I've drastically cut my leddit time ever since I deleted my account.
>>
File: 31.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>>26234
>implying you can leave.
>>
http://lifehacker.com/5452620/stayfocusd-blocks-and-manages-time-sucking-web-sites
>>
edit your hosts file so 4chan.org resolves to google or whatever
>>
>>26234
you are that guy from /pol/ that made a thread about getting banned?

how's it going? shitposting much?
>>
>>26305
OP here. I don't go to /pol/
Anyway, I think I'll be using >>26269
's suggestion.
>>
>>26287
>google
better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
>>
>>26239
Nothing is stopping you from re-registering a reddit account.

Why don't you just set your computer to not let you access 4chan? Add 4chan.org to your HOSTS file on Windows.
>>
>>26638
This. Set it to resolve to localhost and you're golden. Easy undone by deleting the line you add but you have to go through the inconvenience of a restart.

But the real issue here seems to be self-control. Maybe talk to a therapist/psychiatrist about it?
Internet addiction has been a known and documented phenomenon for at least 10 years.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.