[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1451853542881-16334946.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1451853542881-16334946.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
What in the fuck do i do? Im trying to fresh install my os because shit got messed up so i booted into ubuntu and formatted my main hard drives into FAT and then changed it to boot from a cd/dvd drive to install windows 7 and now this comes up and no matter what button i press nothing happens.
>>
>>24781
looks like you're missing your operating system.
>>
>>24784
Youre really funny
>>
>>24781
Have you tried turning it on and off again anon?
>>
>>24781
Is it fat32? Windows should be installed on a NTFS drive.
>>
>>24821
Oh really? Damn thanks lemme try that
>>
>>24821
Well i cant find the hard drive in ubuntu now. After i formatted it it disappeared probably because its not in the linux format anymore lmao. I cant boot from the harddrive i just formatted to change it to the correct one now because like you said windows doesnt work in fat32. Goddamn did i just brick my harddrive just like that? Surely i can plug the drive into something that reads fat 32 and change it right? What do i do?
>>
>>24781
DId you try and make a bootable usb? Is this error happening when you are trying to boot from the usb?
>>
>>24879
Nah its happening when i try to boot from a usb cd/dvd drive with a windows 7 installation disc inside.
>>
>>24879
And yea theres really no reason to make a bootable usb when i already have an official installation disc unless i can put the disc on the usb somehow
>>
>>24927
It sounds like you are using a dvd and not a USB right?

In that case, let me find more out about your system:
- Is your computer using BIOS or UEFI?
- Do you have a Windows 7 product key?
>>
>>24927
Sorry, I misread "boot from a usb cd/dvd drive". I see that you are using a dvd
>>
>>24930
Let's try something to narrow down the problem.

Try disconnect power from your hard drive and then try and boot from the dvd. Let me know if you get the same error "Missing operating system"
>>
>>24936
I am using UEFI amd yes i have a product key for windows 7. Is the number of times you can use the windows 7 installation disc and product key limited or unlimited?

And thanks for the replies yo
>>
>>24951

*and
>>
>>24951
Thanks for the info. The usage specifics of windows license keys is very complicated. All that you need to know is that if you have a licence key that is valid, it will work as long as you are not using it on another computer at the same time.

Let me know how the hard drive trick works >>24942
That will help me narrow down the potential problems.
>>
>>24955
Alright thanks and yea im unplugging the harddrive right now
>>
File: 1451867079797-16334946.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1451867079797-16334946.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Alright this is what i got when i unplugged the harddrive and tried to boot from the usb cd/dvd drive. Nothing happens if i press anything. I havent pressed control alt delete yet though for obvious reasons
>>
>>24969
Do you know how to get to the Boot Menu in your UEFI. This is different from the UEFI Setup. It should say what key you mash to get to the boot menu when you first turn on your computer. Try and get to the boot menu and then boot from the dvd.
>>
>>24975
Oh shit i guess im unaware that UEFI is different than just the better bios that newer motherboards have nowadays. What i called the UEFI earlier was just me saying i have and was using the UEFI BIOS and from there i was changing the boot priority so it would boot from the usb cd drive. What is UEFI then if the prior isnt what you were talking about earlier?
>>
>>24975
And yea just to clarify, i have been going to the boot menu and booting from the cd drive and havent been in the EUFI set up you mentioned because i dont know how to get to that or what it is and i confused that for the uefi boot menu in bios
>>
>>24981
Sorry for the misunderstanding. It sounds like you are correct that your system is using UEFI and not BIOS. UEFI is the successor to BIOS. There is no UEFI BIOS, it's either one or the other, and it sounds like you have UEFI.

It's somewhat hard to troubleshoot with the delays from posting on 4chan. Do you mind if we goto a more real-time chat? http://www.disposablechat.com/chat/win7-install-help?password=
>>
>>24988
Yea im down for that chatroom thing. Thanks
>>
File: 1451868762279-34417439.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1451868762279-34417439.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
Go into BIOS/UEFI
Enable Keyboard/Mouse USB legacy emulation
>>
>>24990
OP, it seems like the chatroom screwed up. Lets try another one: http://www.disposablechat.com/chat/new-help-chat?password=
>>
Shit messed up again. If you wanna keep talkin and shit heres another room though i guess lmao http://www.disposablechat.com/chat/Whatever?password=
>>
>>25006
Chat shit itself again. We were done anyway. Good luck anon! You know where to email me if you have problems/questions.
>>
>>25055
Lmao yea i feel you. Thanks for everything though man. See you in the afterlife.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.