[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Lenovo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4
File: IMAG0268.jpg (4 MB, 3264x4672) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0268.jpg
4 MB, 3264x4672
So I got this laptop with a €180 reduction. It's a lenovo z50-70, comes with i7-4510u, and a gt 840m, pretty nice when not home (I've got a desktop with an i5-6500 and gtx 970). It came with Windows 8.1, and a hella lot of bloat. I wanted to upgrade it to windows 10 and get rid of all the bloat, so I set up a windows 10 clean install usb, I booted up with the usb. The laptop has 6 partitions (forgot to take a picture), I chose to install windows 10 on the windows 8.1 partition. So on the first boot with windows 10, I see this screen. I'll take a pic of the partitions in a minute. So my first question is, why is windows 8 still there?
>>
File: IMAG0269.jpg (5 MB, 4672x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0269.jpg
5 MB, 4672x3264
So it finally booted up (hdds are really slow if you're used to ssds), everything looks good right now. And here you see all the partitions, I renamed Windows8_OS to 10. First and last one seem to be for restoring (1000mb and 15,01gb), the second one is the oem-partition (shady shit imo, I was hesitant to buy lenovo, but it was very cheap compared to other laptops with comparable specs) the third on is an EFI-System partition (idk what this is supposed to be, first time in 7 years (I've been pretty involved with computers since 7 years) that I see this). The fourth one is the main partition obviously and the fifth one is simply called lenovo, and is supposedly also a main partition, it has drivers in it and a mcafee install folder which I deleted as soon as I saw it, common sense unlimited and a weekly malware bytes scan is plenty enough for me.
>>
File: IMAG0271.jpg (7 MB, 4672x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0271.jpg
7 MB, 4672x3264
This is how it's set up on my desktop pc.
>>
File: IMAG0272.jpg (3 MB, 4672x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0272.jpg
3 MB, 4672x3264
I got rid of the name of the c drive and deleted the lenovo drive after doing some research and looking around the pc.
>>
>>24663
One option to fix this is to wipe the hard drive and do a clean install of windows 10.
>>
>>24663
>>24890
Yes. OP, it looks like you forgot to delete all the other partitions when you installed Windows 10. If you want to do a clean install and erase the hard disk, follow these instructions:

Warning this will erase ALL OF THE DATA ON THE HARD DRIVE. Back up anything that you can't lose.

- Boot from the win10 install usb
- When the welcome screen loads, press Shift+F10 - This will open a terminal that we will use to erase the hard drive
- Type "diskpart" and press enter
- Type "list disk" and press enter
- Determine which disk is the hard drive's disk (by size)
- Type "select disk X" where X is the laptop's main hard drive
- Type "clean" and press enter - This will erase all partitions from the disk (THIS WILL DELETE EVERYTHING)
- Close the terminal
- Install windows 10 normally, and don't try to manually create partitions for windows 10 to install, the setup wizard will automatically do that for you. Just select the unformatted disk to install to

OP, let me know if this works.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.