[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have two charging cords for my laptop, but one plug. Both
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1440967487229.png (3 MB, 3230x4670) Image search: [Google]
1440967487229.png
3 MB, 3230x4670
I have two charging cords for my laptop, but one plug.

Both of them only work in specific positions; one has several frays in the plastic casing but the other has none.

Is there a way, that doesn't require an investment in soldering, to repair them? It's extremely annoying and the laptop's three-year-old battery only lasts 40 minutes.
>>
>>24109
>Both of them only work in specific positions;
If that's the case, the pin inside your charging port might be bent.
>>
>>24110
They wear out over time, it seems. I'be had one other break on me.

Also, the positions for both are wildly different.
>>
>>24109
specific positions like when the cord is bent a certain way? if you think the wires are frayed internally like a cheap pair of headphones you can unplug the charger, strip the insulation at the point you are bending to make it work then find the break and twist the wires back together. then wrap all the bare wires with electrical tape and encase the whole splice in gorilla glue or something. but a new charger would be like $10, and that method is pretty unsafe if the break is at the 120v side.
>>
>>24126
>specific positions like when the cord is bent a certain way?
Mildly bend at certain lengths, yeah.

The only cords I've found have been $40, albeit I haven't been looking very hard.

Is there some sort of cord created for laptops plugged in all day? I see them on display models, but I have no idea of what they are called.
>>
>>24136
post what kind of laptop you have and i'll find you a cheap one. a 120 cord straight into a laptop won't work, it still needs a power supply to kick out low current dc, they must hide the transformer on display.
>>
>>24145
Thanks.

It's a Acer Aspire V3-571
>>
>>24148
http://amzn.com/B00Q8QVHPM

just make sure the output matches your current one
DC 19V, 3.42A, 65W
>>
>>24160
Doesn't ship here.

AC 19V, 4.74A, no given wattage. I know the frayed cord is 65W though.
>>
>>24168
I can search for one, no need. Thanks again though, I know approximately where the damage is so I'll just try to repair them once I order a new one.
>>
>>24173
ok, don't electrocute yourself.

the dc matching is important, the amps(A) just need to be in the same area, one amp less and it'll charge slower, watts you don't even really need to worry about.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.