[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could anyone stretch this to 1920x1200? I love historical wallpapers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 3
File: 1451756880187.jpg (154 KB, 934x809) Image search: [Google]
1451756880187.jpg
154 KB, 934x809
Could anyone stretch this to 1920x1200?
I love historical wallpapers
>>
File: here.png (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
here.png
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>
File: CW.gif (574 KB, 294x332) Image search: [Google]
CW.gif
574 KB, 294x332
>>24112
preesheateit
>>
>>24760
np.

Also, if you want something similar in the future, you can do it quite easily with gimp's filters (including g'mic). Let me give you a fast rundown of what I did.

First, using the rule of 3, I calculated how I'd need to blow up the picture to 149% in order for it to be about 1200px high. Then, through g'mic's diffusion upscale filter (in gimp, Filters > G'mic > Repair > Upscale [diffusion]), I blew it up to 149%. As for the parameters, I used something like, 0 smoothness, 0 anisotropy, 10 sharpness, or something along those lines. But you can play with the parameters yourself to make it look like it should whenever you're using that filter.

The result was 1205px high, which was 5 px too much, so I made the image 1200px high through Image > Canvas Size. I made it 1920px wide there too, centering it and making sure the 5px of extra height were taken out were from the top (-5 on the y axis).

That left me with transparent space at the right and left, so I added an alpha channel to the original layer (right click on the layer > add alpha channel) and made a new layer that only occupied half of the image horizontally from the right, positioned under the original layer. I took the color from the top and bottom right of the original layer, and used the gradient tool to fill the new layer with these colors. Then, using a 100px-sized feathered brush, I deleted a bit of the side of the original layer, for added smoothness of merging with the new layer. I then repeated the process for the left side, with a third layer.

Then, to finish it off, I added film grain through Filters > Noise > Add Film Grain. Then I made it grayscale through Image > Mode > Grayscale, and exported it as a png (File > Export as..., and name the file with the .png extension).

And now you know how to do this whenever you wanna make a wallpaper from a smaller, old, B&W, grainy picture.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.