[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I can bypass the retarded limitation on download speed in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1404050824271.jpg (9 KB, 200x199) Image search: [Google]
1404050824271.jpg
9 KB, 200x199
Can I can bypass the retarded limitation on download speed in Deluge? If you limit your upload speed, even putting it a 500KiB/s, it will only download at 10KiB/s. And putting the upload speed to unlimited shits on my internet and makes it so slow. I usually leave my computer on 24/7 so it seeds at night, but this is stupid.

Anyway around this?
>>
>>2193
You're definitely doing something wrong if you think you need 500KB/s upload to download at decent speeds.
Do you actually get decent download speeds when setting your upload to unlimited? Because like you mention, sometimes that will sort of choke out your connection, possibly even effecting download.
>>
>>2220
If upload speed is unlimited I get great download speed. Setting upload speed to anything else makes my download speed go way down.
>>
>>2240
try rtorrent then?
>>
>>2240
try limiting the individual upload speed for the torrent rather than the global
>>
>>2245
Can't get it to work.

>>2449
Didn't work
>>
>>2524
Use qBittorrent
>>
>>2193
That's probably not deluge. I use deluge and I don't have this problem.

Who's your ISP? Which (private) trackers are you using?
>>
>>3436
>>2193
It's not necessarily your user-agent throttling you.

If the others in the swarm see that you're not uploading, and someone else is uploading, they'll upload to him instead of you.

With bittorrent, you need to give to receive.
>>
>>3457
This isn't neccecarily true. I torrent from Australia and have a hard 50kb/s enforced by the shitty connection. Even limiting it further to 2-5kb/s, so the bandwidth can be used instead for download, never meant peers disconnected. A request to download is always filled eventually, although I have noticed temporarily going up to say 10kb/s can get me connected faster.

I would highly recommend deleting finished torrents from Deluge. Finished torrents seem to still make connections, and having hundreds of them could be your issue.
>>
>And putting the upload speed to unlimited shits on my internet and makes it so slow.

Make and save more money and buy industrial/god-tier internet. I get impatient and try to still use the internet when heavy loads are going through it too, but you don't see me coming on messageboards acting surprised when it's slow as shit or otherwise fucked up.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.