[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MacBook?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1451589402337.jpg (4 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
1451589402337.jpg
4 MB, 4160x2340
My MacBook pro is ded bcuz of some ice lemon tea. Its been 3 days. I have tried many things like dismantling everything and cleaning the logic board. I am sad. Pls halp.
>>
Let it dry out, then try it again. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work anymore.
>>
Rinse/clean with distilled water. let dry thoroughly before applying power.
>>
How long do u recommend I wait for it to dry? I've disassembled it 2 times and each time I try to charge the battery to try to turn it on the logic board overheats at a different place both times, so I quickly unplug the charger... what should I do?
>>
>>21789 How long do u recommend I wait for it to dry? I've disassembled it 2 times and each time I try to charge the battery to try to turn it on the logic board overheats at a different place both times, so I quickly unplug the charger... what should I do?
>>
>>21789
I've already softly scrubbed the discoloration and bad looking stuff on the logic board out with denatured alcohol and rinsed it with tap water. Should I repeat the process but end with distilled water again?
>>
>>21833
You've probably already broken it.

Why did you apply power before it was dry?
>>
>>21844
Broke the whole thing? Or just the logic board? Just to be clear I waited 2 days for the parts to dry under a fan before I put it back together, but is that still not long enough?
>>
>>21753
If the battery was connected and the device was on and if it had AC power and on when you spilled liquid in it then its fucked sadly the good thing is you can sell the parts and make a little money.
>>
>>21841
Yes. tap water leaves behind deposits, which causes unwanted connections.
If you've powered it it before it's cleaned it could have harmed it.
The liquid itself, isn't harmful, it's the shorted connections.
I've actually hosed off a motherboard and rinsed in distilled.

I'd rinse it liberally with distilled water, gently brushing it with a paint brush or something.
Set it somewhere with good air flow for a couple days. Maybe stand it on edge & rotate it occasionally.
>>
>>21854
About how many days to dry would you recommend?
>>
2 should be plenty with good air flow
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.