[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My laptop makes me wanna kill myself please help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: GeneIpad2015 007.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
GeneIpad2015 007.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
I tried all over Google and can't find ANY help whatsoever. It all started yesterday when my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 7559 w/ Windows 10) blue-screened and restarted (Error code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE) It restarted, and once it did, I couldn't connect to my Wi-Fi anymore. No Wi-Fi options appear, only VPN and Dial-Up. It still crashes every now and then, with the same error code.

I stayed up all night trying to repair it, and nothing worked. I just want to kill myself now. Some help would be GREATLY appreciated.
>>
>>21697
fuckin hell someone pls :(
>>
The pug got my attention, so kuddos for that. What have done since it blue screened/has it since.
>>
>>21697
Press fn-f2, run the dell wireless switch utility, and/or frob the airplane mode switch on the side.
>>
>>21815
Thanks! I'll try that.
>>
>>21815
Doesn't work, shit
>>
>>22028
so you checked all this stuff?
> Incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted device drivers. (very common)
Corruption in Windows registry from a recent software change (install or uninstall).
Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Windows Operating System-related program files.
Driver conflict after installing new hardware.
Damaged or removed system files after you’ve installed software or drivers related to Windows Operating System.
Error 0x9F blue screen caused by a damaged hard disk.
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE STOP error due to memory (RAM) corruption.
http://www.solvusoft.com/en/errors/blue-screen-errors/microsoft-corporation/windows-operating-system/bug-check-0x9f-driver-power-state-failure/

can you still system restore on windows 10?
that's the first thing i'd do.
>>
>>21697
I would recommend re-installing your wifi drivers. Download and install both of these:
http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03371630M/1/7559_Network_Driver_WCX2T_WN32_18.20.0.9_A02.EXE

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03266625M/1/7559_Network_Driver_CYG71_WN32_12.0.0.127_A00.EXE
>>
>>22103
I can't really download them since I have no wi-fi, though. It doesn't even work with the ethernet cable.
>>
>>22186
download it on another computer, transfer it on a flash drive.
>>
>>22211
Yeah just tried that
Thanks very much for trying to help me by the way but my laptop won't even recognize USB peripherals or drives except from my mouse, but laat night I was able to reset it. If that didn't change anything, should I kill myself?
>>
>>22424
factory reset? that should do something, worst case scenario you can always reinstall windows. then it'll work fine unless your hardware is fucked, which is usually a simple but costly fix.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19582843

i would try to repair your windows installation first, but i'm out of the loop, i just work on legacy corporate stuff, xp and windows 7. windows 10 may not have that option and you'd need disks.
>>
>>22424
It's INCREDIBLY easy to reset windows 10. I would recommend trying to do this.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/software/operating-systems/1403794/how-to-reset-windows-10-to-factory-settings
>>
>>22424
If a reset doesn't take care of it, then I would recommend calling Dell. Your computer might be under v and they could provide assistance.
>>
Try linux mint
Go to /g/'s friendly linux thread and get some advice
Linux is great for reviving old and rusty tech!
>>
>>21697
the problem is probably that it's a Dell Inspiron 15 7559 w/ Windows 10
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.