[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have all the parts: How do I put it all together?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.jpg (23 KB, 407x428) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
23 KB, 407x428
I've recently bought all the parts for my first computer. These are my parts, for reference:
Motherboard:
>MSI 970 DDR3 2133 ATX motherboard
Power Supply:
>Seasonic M12II 620 PSU
Solid-State Drive:
>Sandisk Ultra 120GB SATA SSD
CPU:
>AMD FX-6350 CPU
Graphics Card:
>XFX Radeon Double D R9 280X Graphics Card
Heatsink/Fan:
>Cooler Master 212 CPU heatsink/fan
Hard Drive:
>Seagate 1TB SATA HDD
Case:
>Rosewill R5 ATX Mid Tower

I've having trouble figuring out how to wire the thing together, does anyone have any relevant tips or guides to help somebody as technologically illiterate as I am?
>>
What is Youtube?

If you don't find your answer, pay 50€ for someone to build it.
>>
>>21049
The best I found was this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upqKMa2C5jQ but they skip over the actual wiring. and instead focus on where the components go. I understand where the components go and have fastened them as such but I don't know how to wire it together.

I want to try my hand at building more in the future so I don't want to just give up and pay someone to do it.
>>
>>21050
Do you have the component in place already?
>>
>>21055
I have the RAM, CPU, Graphics Card, and Fan attached to the motherboard. I have the motherboard fastened to the case, as well as the Power Supply screwed in at the bottom. I have the SSD and HDD both in their respective slots. I have all the parts in what I believe to be the correct spots and fastened correctly to the case.

I just need help wiring everything together.
>>
>>21045
Read the manuals that came with each part, there should be handy diagrams that explicitly tell you where to plug in what.
>>
There should be a 24-pin ATX connector, looks like a small rectangle made up of smaller squares. That connects your PSU to your mobo.

Your GPU takes a 6pin (probably) aux connector from your PSU

Most if not all the slots should be keyed, so you'll never fit the wrong thing into the wrong slot anymore.

There should be a 3 or 4-pin connector on your mobo that's labeled SYSFAN or CPUFAN.
>>
>>21063
I did, but the Rosewell R5 comes with an absolute shit manual. There are even reviews on the case's amazon page, detailing the same kind of complaints. I just want to be sure I'm doing this right.

And most of the manuals for the other parts detail how to attach them to the case, but not wire them together in a way that idiots like me can understand with confidence. For example, the manual for the power supply says:
>connect the 24/20 pin main power connector to the mainboard's power connector

Okay, sure, take the largest connector and attach it to the motherboard, but where is it usually on the motherboard is not detailed.

so this is the kind of idiot you're helping out, thank you for doing so.
>>
OP here:

With my graphics card also contains two sets of wires, I dont want to open both and get confused but one package is labeled P/N: B and the other is labeled P/N: E

What does that mean?
>>
>>21058
1. Grab your mobo manual for reference
2. Plug the heatsink to the CPU FAN plug next to the Cpu socket
3. Plug your SSD to one of the SATA plugs, they are on the opposite corner from the external plugs.
4. Grab a SATA power cable an plug it to the SSD.
5. Grab the audio cable from the case and plug it to the HD AUDIO plug, its next to the SATA plugs.
6. Ditto witht the USB ports.
7. Take the power switch, reset switch and LED cables an plug them on the pins near the AUDIO plug, they should be color coded, if not use your mobo manual for reference
>>
8. Take 2 6-pin power cables from your PSU and plug them to your GPU.
9. Take the cables from your case fans and plug them on the SYSFAN plugs near the CPU fan plug.
10. Take the big 24-pin cable from your PSU and plug it to the big plug next to the RAM

That should be it, don't worry about plugging stuff on the wrong place or thewrong way, AATX is idiotproof and things only fit one way
>>
>>21058
>I have the motherboard fastened to the case,
Dear OP.

Did you remove all the spare screwholes that don't line up with a hole in your motherboard?

If not, you might want to do that before you power anything, unless you want your motherboard to go on fire.
>>
>>21092
What do you mean? There was one problem that was referenced in reviews on the motherboard, where the copper standoffs were required to prop up the motherboard away from the case otherwise it would incur damage, but there are already three that were fastened into the case already.

I already added the copper standoffs and fastened the motherboard to it that way.
>>
>>21087
“A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.” - Douglas Adams

I just wan to be reassured I'm doing it right the first time, I prefer not to find out that a fundamental part is screwed in wrong and I have to take apart everything.
>>
>>21098
Each plug has an unique shape or an unique, asymmetrical arrangement of pins that will fit only one way and wont fit any other plug, if it doesn't fit turn it around, if it still doesn't you are plugging it on the wrong place
>>
File: build-your-own-PC-tutorial.jpg (18 KB, 311x313) Image search: [Google]
build-your-own-PC-tutorial.jpg
18 KB, 311x313
>>21045
the first time I built a PC I just followed the instructions in the mobo manual (and still do just that every time I build a new one). it's literally just fitting the cards and CPU in the slots.
>>
>>21157
I'm retarded so I'm asking for help, forgive me anon I'm just insecure as fuck when it comes to new things.
>>
>>21158
There is retarded and there is "I can't follow even the most basic of instructions" retarded
>>
>>21045
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls
>>
Update:

I've wired everything in as best as I could according to the manual my motherboard and case came with, and I've plugged it in and tried turning it on to see if everything runs

Nothing is happening, no sounds, no lights, nothing

I guess I am so retarded I can't even follow basic instructions, thanks for your help anyways /wsr/
>>
>>21282
Secondary Update:

upon looking closely the fan turns on briefly. That's it though.
>>
>>21045
read the manual that came with the motherboard, op. I got an msi motherboard too. Should come with a guide, even how shitty it may be it helps. Im building my first one too currently
>>
>>21045
i just havent gotten my power supply yet so i gotta wait for it to come in
>>
>>21065
does the sysfan and cpufan even matter? is there a different output or something or not? and also for my ram cards, they have to go in 2nd and 4th slot right?
>>
>>21348
>does the sysfan and cpufan even matter? is there a different output or something or not?
Yes, you wouldn't want the case fan to be spinning at 9000rpm while your CPU is melting because of the heatsink fan is idling.

>and also for my ram cards, they have to go in 2nd and 4th slot right?
Read the manual
>>
>get windows 10 on a new computer
>can't get past set up because it can't find any drivers
fucking brilliant all this money and I get cucked by microsoft at the finish line

never build your own computer, prebuilts are more worth it due to the sheer number of headaches you save with your purchase.
>>
>>21364
>Buy prebuilts.

Yeah, throw all that money away.

Or > Learn something new/Save money.

I wonder...
>>
>>21698
Get better case
Get bespoke thermal solution designed by an actual engineer
Not end up with a $1,000 paperweight like OP
>>
>>21763
>Spends $1000+ for PC from "Bespoke Engineer"

Or, learn to DIY so when it goes wrong you can fucking fix it and not have to pay to $100's the "engineer" charges.

I wonder...
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.