[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Halp. I bought a new r9 390 a week ago. It was doing flawlessly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: asus-strix-r9-390x_0[1].jpg (51 KB, 600x458) Image search: [Google]
asus-strix-r9-390x_0[1].jpg
51 KB, 600x458
Halp. I bought a new r9 390 a week ago. It was doing flawlessly for 2 days then it started doing these weird full black screen crashes with a sound loop. Bluescreen view shows no BSOD history.

The gpu runs fine FPS wise. I ran furmark for 15 minutes without a crash. It just seems to have a mind of its own and randomly black screens.

Computer works fine with my old 7850 installed.

Installed latest drivers. Not my ram. Not sure how to test the PSU but it's a EVGA 750w. so it should power it just fine.

Not sure if motherboard although i've put it in all the other PCIE slots with the same problem.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>20988
Have you checked the temps while you're running those tests?

Motherboard wouldn't affect it. Could just be a bad board on the card.
>>
>>20992
Yeah, both Sapphire trixx and furmark report 62c max at full load. cpu sits at 32c idle.

Would a bad board cause the card to randomly crash on will. And not crash during load tests?

I've contacted sapphire about a possible rma. gotta pay fucking shipping and a 30 dollar fee but if I get a working card in return it should be fine.
>>
>>20997
Well, if the card black screens in every PCI-E slot and works fine with the other card I would assume that it's the GPU that's bad. Especially since it has enough power. You should contact whoever sold it to you (Amazon, Newegg, whatever), usually they will do a free return.
>>
>>21007
Bought it from MicroCenter and they wanted a lot of money for warranty coverage for some reason.

So i'm forced to go through Sapphire/althon. Shilling out 30 dollars and waiting a few weeks for the card to ship back and fourth.

Hopefully they don't send back another defective card (I've heard of them doing that a lot) And I've even heard they sent you a better card due to inventory.
>>
Do you have not so stable OC on the card or Cpu?
>>
>>21203
I just underclocked the card by a fair amount and it hasn't crashed as of yet. still holding my breath though.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.