[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HDMI to VGA Dual monitor Fail
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: download (4).jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
17 KB, 250x250
I Have had a GTX 960 for a while now and wanted to add a 2nd monitor to it. I did a VGA splitter and all i got was 2 monitors that mirror each other. And then I got a DVI-D cord. The cord dident run to the graphics card but it ran to something on my computer. Still dident work. Now i have a HDMI to VGA adapter and yes the HDMI to VGA adapter is connected to the graphics card to the monitor and that doesn't even work. I have 3 display ports but I dont want to waste time buying then it not work like the other 3 times please help!
>>
just get a hdmi to hdmi and vga to vga

"splitter" wouldnt work because that's the same cable. You'd also have to set it up on your PC to change the display settings (right click - display - advanced settings)
>>
>>20907
What actual ports does your card have?

Nvidia sells chips, not cards, so telling us what chip you've got doesn't tell us what ports you've got.

Unless the card has at least two ports that are VGA or DVI-I, you are SoL, and will have to spend up to $60 on a monitor built this century that has a digital input.
>>
>>20907

You need a graphics card that supports multiple monitors, not just a splitter.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.