[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ai/ request
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1447124285787.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1447124285787.webm
2 MB, 640x360
I want some opinions on Aikatsu, from what I saw is an idol anime with really nice 3D scenes.

Is the show actually enjoyable?
will I gradually get bored of the same shit every chapter or it's entertaining as it goes on?
what about the plot, it's at least something like Im@s CG?

Basically convince me to watch Aikatsu, I'm almost there but I have a policy of not droping anything and don't want to start a long running anime if it's utter bullshit, wich is likely to be being based on a card game
>>
File: aikatsu_cg.jpg (201 KB, 960x1350) Image search: [Google]
aikatsu_cg.jpg
201 KB, 960x1350
The CG starts off pretty bad but fairly quickly becomes alright. For the last couple of years it's been stright up the best 2D-style 3DCG around, and still gets better.

As for the show, it's mostly about cute idol girls doing cute things. If you like that sort of thing it's great. If you want serious plot and rivalry it isn't.
>>
If you're into cute girls being cute, this is THE anime for you. It's hard to find a girl to dislike. It has a plot, but isn't plot heavy (basic "girl wants to be an idol, sucks, gets good" story), so its a nice mix of SoL with gradual plot progressing which imo works fantastically for development.

As far as repetitiveness, the only thing that's really repetitive is the fact that there's a performance (almost) every episode. The music variety is decent for such a long show: ~20 songs per season, so each song played roughly 2-3 times, though some repeat for more than that. It also helps that Aikatsu's music is really good.

As for your pretty rhythm request, its similar cute girl wise but completely different from Aikatsu plot wise. Much more plot heavy, much more suffering (Aikatsu is generally pretty upbeat most of the time). Aurora Dream (the first season) starts off a bit dull and repetitive but gradually becomes amazing. Rainbow Live (3rd season, completely different story so you can start here if you want) is consistently great throughout and is generally considered the best. Dear My Future (2nd season) is a sequel to AD and currently has incomplete subs.

Its a lot to watch but both shows are really great.
>>
>>20217
What this anon said. Dear My Future is also pretty fucking great; and in general Pretty Rhythm has good songs and music as well.
>>
>>20217
>the only thing that's really repetitive is the fact that there's a performance (almost) every episode.
>implying I could dislike that

Thank you very much anons, next month's anime season seems pretty dull and this seems to be very of my liking, that's a relief, if I like this maybe I will go with Rainbow live but atm I want something more merry and Aikatsu seems to be exactly that
Just to verify, nothing wrong with "Mezashite"?
>>
>>20249
Nope. Akatsukin even frequents /ai/ as well. Besides, not like you have a choice.
>>
>>20249
Yes Mezashite is good. Coalgirls has BDs that uses meza's subs with some slight changes, but the BDs are really only worth it for season 2 onward.
>>
>>20250
>>20252
That pretty much covers everything, I really appreciate it /ai/fags, thanks
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.