[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Building a PC- need help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: case.jpg (71 KB, 800x1080) Image search: [Google]
case.jpg
71 KB, 800x1080
I'm building a computer and am running into an issue.

I was home for the holidays where I got a bunch of parts and I built the bulk of it and installed Windows. I packed it up and brought it home to install the video card and now it won't start back up.

The case fans are running but the LEDs on them are flashing instead of just being on. The CPU fan isn't running and the motherboard LED isn't turning on, and there's a quiet clicking while I have the power on. I removed the HDD and the clicking persisted so I don't think it's that (I have a SSD as well). Also, when I turn off the power, the motherboard's LED lights up for a second and the CPU fan moves a bit.

Any help would be appreciated.
>>
File: Boot Troubleshoot.png (227 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Boot Troubleshoot.png
227 KB, 2000x2000
Use these guides
>>
>>19874
SSD > lose magnetic disk.
>>
>>19877
>>
>>19883
>>
>>19877
From this I'm thinking something's up with my power supply, which I was initially thinking from my flashing fan LEDs. Does this seem reasonable even though it seemed to be working fine before?
>>19878
?
>>
>>19886
Sure, you could've just gotten a faulty PSU

Check >>19884
>>
>>19890
My bad, look like >>19877 is a collage of >>19884
>>19883
>>
>>19891
All good, it was very helpful. Now I just have to go through the pain in the ass of returning my current one and buying another.

Thanks for the help!
>>
>>19894
Np!
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.