[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd like a detailed list of recommendations regarding Manga.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1416412442499.jpg (963 KB, 1928x1400) Image search: [Google]
1416412442499.jpg
963 KB, 1928x1400
I'd like a detailed list of recommendations regarding Manga.

I've seen and been through a lot of the recommended images, but I find that it's really too difficult to tell what a manga will be like based on a small image.

So if there was someplace where I could read decent reviews of manga, or recommendations, that would be great.

Note that they'd have to be detailed, shit like "This manga is cool because it has ninjas 6 stars" isn't great.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>19630
mangaupdates.com, sort by rating, and read the reviews at the bottom
>>
>>19640
Is this the page you mean? https://www.mangaupdates.com/reviews.html

There doesn't seem to be a way to sort on there, or is there a way to view all the manga on there that I'm missing.
>>
>>19646
Try this: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?stype=title&search&orderby=rating

Then click on the title (e.g. Hagane no Renkinjutsushi), and go to the bottom of that page to see the User Comments. Those are the reviews I'm thinking of, sometimes they're pretty good and detailed (and sometimes they're shit)
>>
>>19651
I'll give it a shot, thanks anon.

Out of interest, is this how you find new manga to read? Or is there anything else you do as well?

I always find it very difficult to know where to look once I finish a series.

Again, thanks anon.
>>
>>19657
Yes, that's pretty much how I do it, although I usually narrow it down by a category I'm interested in. There's a section on the page where it shows the categories, you can click on any of those to browse other manga in that category.

I also like to look around in Book-Off, especially the dollar shelves, since they have lots of older/obscure stuff. Then if I see something interesting I go check on mangaupdates to see if it's been scanlated (note that not everything on mangaupdates has been scanlated)
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.