[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/r/ing your honest opinions about the following anime >Sword
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: 1445365402285.jpg (54 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1445365402285.jpg
54 KB, 500x375
/r/ing your honest opinions about the following anime

>Sword art online
>Attack on Titan
>Oreimo
>Full metal alchemist
>Deathnote
>Code geass
>Psycho pass
>>
>havent seen
>too slow
>incest pandering
>haven't seen
>haven't seen
>haven't seen
>haven't seen
>>
File: 1440891941709.jpg (221 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1440891941709.jpg
221 KB, 2048x1536
>>19412
>2016-2 days
>watching anime
>>
>>19412
>haven't seen
>it's shit
>haven't seen
>it's alright, brotherhood is better
>great until L dies then it's shit
>It's good but way too many asspulls
>haven't seen
>>
>>19418
you know Hitler was a weaboo and loved disney movies right? Disney later inspired the jap anime we have today.
>>
>>19412
>>Sword art online
First season is fun to watch to see how stupid it gets but SAO II is just irredeemable.
>>Attack on Titan
It's okay.
>>Oreimo
All the characters are obnoxious cunts.
>>Full metal alchemist
I've only seen Brotherhood and it was great.
>>Deathnote
Used to be my favorite when I was younger and I still rate it 9/10.
>>Code geass
I didn't like it when I first saw it but I am going to rewatch it soon to see if my opinion changes.
>>Psycho pass
Only saw the first episode back when it aired.
>>
>>19412
>good premise, good first episode, awful execution, relatively good last arc, but it has very little to do with the rest of the show (the aids one).
>good battle shounen, don't expect it to be anything else.
>what >>19414 said
>top tier battle shounen, you'll like it even if you are not a fan of the genre.
>should have ended at episode 25, very good until that point.
>haven't seen
>poor man's GitS (S1 is good, S2 is below average, the movie is above average)
>>
>>19412
>Shit
>It's OK
>It's OK
>Brotherhood is good
>OK until L Dies
>Haven't watched
>Haven't watched
>>
>>19412
>Absolute shit
>Enjoyable but shit
>Retarded as shit
>Overrated as fuck
>Edgy and overrated
>/a/ only loved it because it was a trainwreck
>For a hack like Urobuchi, this one is actually pretty damn good. Plagiarized like 20 sources, but that's what Urobuchi does anyway
>>
>>19442
>/a/ only loved it because it was a trainwreck

explain? they love it because its shit or because it flopped?
>>
>>19449
Because it was shit, and /a/ loved to discuss how retarded it had been, in both livestreams (some anons, including some affiliated with [GG], gave us mms of several japanese channels 24/7 back then) and after each episode had aired.
>>
>Sword art online
ok
>Attack on Titan
awful, normiecore
>Oreimo
haven't seen
>Full metal alchemist
I enjoyed it
>Deathnote
Don't watch past L's death and its ok
>Code geass
Haven't watched it
>Psycho pass
Good
>>
>Sword art online
Just okay, a bit normal
>Attack on Titan
Overrated, seen it but wasnt worth, pretty vague story (dont know about manga
>Oreimo
haven't seen
>Full metal alchemist
Its on my top list, 10/10
>Deathnote
Nice strategy, psychology one, enjoyed it
>Code geass
Enjoyed it
>Psycho pass
In standby
>>
File: 8VEa46g.jpg (33 KB, 400x272) Image search: [Google]
8VEa46g.jpg
33 KB, 400x272
>>19412
I hate your fucking image but i'll reply anyway

>Sword art online
Ehhhhh
>Attack on Titan
Amazing, I marathoned it in one night and went to work the next day with no sleep. Don't let people tell you its entry level shit, its great.
>Oreimo
Waste of time. The main love interest is a piece of shit and I grew to hate her.
>Full metal alchemist
Pretty darn good. I preferred brotherhood but the original is fine too.
>Deathnote
Great stuff. The second half of it sorta falls apart, but the first half is something that you will certainly enjoy
>Code geass
Good. Not great. For a mecha anime the mecha sorta suck. powers are cool though
>Psycho pass
Overrated. Skip this one
>>
>>19412
Very bad
Overrated
Mediocre
Good
Good
Decent
Good
>>
>>19412
>shit
>shit
>haven't seen
>OK
>OK
>OK
>Season 1 OK, season 2 shit
>>
>>19412
>Sword art online
Bad
>Attack on Titan
Bad
>Oreimo
Bad
>Full metal alchemist
Really good
>Deathnote
Meh.
>Code geass
It's OK
>Psycho pass
Good
>>
>>19412
>Sword art online
It's ok, pretty casual and nothing special. I like the concept though.
>Attack on Titan
It started out really great but somehow I got bored in the middle of the season stopped watching and never picked it back up.
>Oreimo
Stopped watching, boring shitty characters.
>Full metal alchemist
Started slow, middle was mediocre but the final 15 or smth episodes were very good.
>Deathnote
Amazing
>Code geass
I should prob try it out but the art puts me off.
Also I hate mech.
>Psycho pass
OK but pretty repetitive.
>>
>>19412
>SAO
Wasted potential. The series tries to sell itself as a MMO anime but in reality it's just another harem in a fantasy setting.
>Shingeki
Started off so good but then it quickly turned into "I'm actually a Titan! /He's actually a Titan! / She's actually a Titan! / They're actually Titans! / The Walls are Titans!" Dropped it right there and then.
>Oreimo
Haven't seen it but incest is hot.
>FMA
Great.
>Death Note
Good until L dies.
>Code Geass
Haven't seen it
>Psycho-Pass
Literal pretentious bullshit that tried to sell itself as the next coming of GitS.
>>
Watch gurren lagann
>>
>>19629
That isn't what this thread is about
>>
File: 1370058572920.gif (2 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1370058572920.gif
2 MB, 360x240
>>19412
>Sword art online
Haven't seen it.
>Attack on Titan
Could have become an interesting series (for a shonen), but the writers decided that plot armor was more important than the plot twist of the century, and David and Goliath stories less interesting than what amounts to a shitty mecha derivative in a fantasy setting.
>Oreimo
Pic related.
>Full metal alchemist
Only watched the original. First half was really good. The second half is the reason they did the remake.
>Deathnote
First couple of episodes are god tier television. Then it's OK until L dies. Kind of hit a low point before then when the evil corporation council or whatever gets hold of a death note.
>Code geass
Tried to watch it when it came out, couldn't get over the CLAMP-ass character design and thought it was kind of slow. Decided to watch it again recently and realized I'd dropped it right before it turned interesting.
>Psycho pass
Never seen it. I actually like Urobutcher, though.
>>
>>19412
>shit
>shit with a strong opening
>worst girl wins, shit
>it's ok
>second half is shit
>second half is shit
>second half is shit
>>
>>19412
>Sword art online
Interesting concept with a few moments of decency, but ruined by shitty main cast and generic everything-else.
>Attack on Titan
Points for *relative* originality, and a couple good characters. Mostly shit.
>Oreimo
Fanservice
>Full metal alchemist
Could be shorter. Nothing really stuck out to me as good or bad. I would recommend it if you think you're the kind of person who would enjoy it.
>Deathnote
I thought the concept was very interesting, and I liked the characters, but it wasn't nearly interesting enough to make me want to watch all of it. Absolutely shitty fanbase.
>Code geass
I don't know much about it.
>Psycho pass
Watched one episode, it didn't do much for me, but it's probably decent.
>>
>Haven't seen
>Engaging, good pacing, bad reputation. Occasionally gets retarded.
>Haven't seen.
>Haven't seen.
>JIBUUUN WOOO
>Fun setting, likeable characters, alright villain, falls appart after episode 16, asspull ending. Weighted down by the butcher's ego.
>>
>>19412
>the first 10 or so episodes are ok, not great; the rest is shit.
>the ridiculous amount of exageration is actually quite effective, for the most part. and the quality is great. it's extremely superfitial though. i really enjoyed the series for what it was, even though the pacing is horrible.
>FUCK KIRINO
>haven't seen yet
>haven't seen yet
>good drama; a very ridiculous one too.
>haven't seen yet
>>
>Sword art online
First arc okay, rest is shit.
>Attack on Titan
Has some cool ideas but the pacing is kind of slow.
>Oreimo
Haven't tried it yet
>Full metal alchemist
I liked it. The manga as well.
>Deathnote
It's ok.
>Code geass
It's alright.
>Psycho pass
I liked the first season, dropped the second.
>>
>>19583
If you liked death note go watch Geass. Lelouch is like Light but not a total faggot
>>
>>19412
>Sword art online
In regards to the original arc, it was a good idea but the pacing was awful (I would have liked to see more of the actual fighting), it was too "safe" (if people were scared of dying they could just hide in a town and to completely fine) and the MC started out way too powerful. All the other arcs just felt forced and boring
>Attack on Titan
I enjoy it. The characters are a bit bland but other than that I have no complaints except with the fanbase
>Oreimo
I really enjoyed it but the ending was completely stupid (inb4 "read the LN!")
>Full metal alchemist
I watched the first couple of episodes but found it very boring and dropped it. I plan to try watching it again sometime
>Deathnote
It is a very interesting idea and was well executed up until L died which, despite being a reasonable thing to have happen, it just made the ending feel cheap
>Code geass
A mecha anime done right. The mechas added to the anime without focusing on them. The social and political themes were interesting as well and something rarely done well in anime
>Psycho pass
Haven't watched it yet but it is on my backlog
>>
File: 1445639048586.gif (1 MB, 440x355) Image search: [Google]
1445639048586.gif
1 MB, 440x355
>>19412
/a/ here, most opinions seem to be from facebook weebs, so I'll try to help
If you haven't watched them beware, you asked opinions so there will be spoilers
to start off, everything is shit except CG and FMA, second I hate the guts out of your pic, now here's my personal opinion:

>Sword art online
They spend more time playing just married in a little house than in developing the plot or showing some cool boss fight which I would loved, the mc is a 100% cunt who doesn't even know who he is, so less know the viewers. Still the first arc is quite enjoyable if you are a weaboo
>Attack on Titan
Overrated sure but not really bad, shit pacing, sometimes absolutely nothing happends, but when it does shit goes to hell
>Oreimo
Enjoyable, you get to know the characters well, most people argue about the ending but I think it is quite ok, they clearly en up together given what they say at the end and if you consider how delicate the incest is for the nips the author can't just go and publish in a not 18+ novel an explicict incest ending
>Full metal alchemist
It's a classic, quite original when it started airing, one of the motives I like anime now, the '03 anime was shit, everything was quite better in Brotherhood, some people would say I'm wrong but fuck them
>Deathnote
Beware those edges boy, you might cut somebody!
the first half wasn't bad but then in became stupid
>Code geass
Cool art, based mc, well planned, straightforward, likeable characters, nice OST, /a/'s everlasting favourite
>Psycho pass
Some well thought ideas, but executed as literal shit. I enjoyed first season, but second is a total downer
>>
>>19412
>not as good as the books but still decent
>excellent
>fun to watch minus last 3 episodes
>excellent
>great until the second half
>excellent
>messed up but entertaining
>>
>>19418
I haven't seen some of these so I'll just say why

>gaymur shit
>doesn't look wortwhile
>S1 is awesome, S2 turns into haremshit
>looks edgy
>^
>any show that /a/ makes a fuss over turns out being shit
>looks interesting
>>
>won't watch
>only seen first episode
>whiny cunt
>haven't seen
>only seen first episode
>haven't seen
>only seen first episode
My backlog is already huge so I don't even know when will I ever continue watching these anime
>>
>>20164
>S2 turns into haremshit
Except he turned down all the other girls.
>>
>>19412
>Really liked the first season. Elves are awful. Got bored of second season
>Some episodes were amazing, but the show is slow as shit
>Never seen
>Saw it during a week I was sick, was pretty fun.
>Haven't seen
>Haven't seen
>I really liked it and the ideas behind it. Probably could have done with better characters, but the father son dilemma was pretty nice.
>>
>>20169
And?
>>
>>19412
>never want to see it
>decent but slightly overrated
>sexy and cute, the whole incest thing was funny but when it was made serious it turned stupid
>mainstream
>good idea
>art style pissed me off for some reason so i never watched it
>very interesting idea, the idea is explored well and isn't just posed making this very good
>>
>>19412
>SAO
>AoT
>FMA
Anime for 16 year olds, but not terrible. Sword Art Online goes downhill faster than the other two. Full Metal would be the best of the three.

>Oreimo
Legitimately stupid anime, but kuroneko is a miracle of the universe.

>Death Note
>Code Geass
>Psycho Pass
Legitimately good anime.
>>
>>20329
>Legitimately good anime.
I'd still say Death Note and probably Code Geass as well are "anime for 16 year olds"
>>
shit
shit
watched the first season, was okay I guess
I liked it
shit
didnt watch it
edgemaster 4000
>>
nobodycares
nobodycares
nobodycares
nobodycares
nobodycares

Unlike you retards, I actually understand that I'm a single faceless anonymous voice in a sea of faceless anonymous voices. Nobody cares about my opinions (or yours).
>>
File: 1449201187361.png (24 KB, 331x286) Image search: [Google]
1449201187361.png
24 KB, 331x286
>>20389
I care, anon. Your opinions as well as your wonderful personallity.
>>
>>20389
But OP requested your opinion, it is only courteous to respond
>>
I liked SAO until end of S1 where it was "Everyone else dies when they are killed except me, I just get to talk to the dev"
>>
>>20389
>Nobody cares about my opinions
>proceeds to voice his meaningless opinions
kek
>>
>>19412
>Sword art online
garbage
>Attack on Titan
okay
>Oreimo
Decent
>Full metal alchemist
garbage
>Deathnote
garbage
>Code geass
garbage
>Psycho pass
edgy but okay
>>
File: tumblr_nx91t2N8Hy1uxzxp9o1_500.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx91t2N8Hy1uxzxp9o1_500.gif
1 MB, 480x270
sao isn't a harem anime or a game anime

the entire series, as in all of the main works in the novel series of which the two seasons cover most of the first 8 books, is all about blurring the lines between the real world and the virtual world. Placing characters in an environment like that and seeing how they react is where the real fun comes from. Watching the show with that sitting in the back of your mind changes how you might understand certain points. Like, the worlds they spend time in are more than just a game they boot up after school and waste time in for a few hours, with the hardware they're true alternate realities. I know that sounds like edgy second life-tier bullshit, but just take a moment to think and understand what it actually means. You are your own agent, beholden to nobody's expectations, and the worlds themselves are appealing in that they are distinctly not the physical world. You can feel like a lord of the rings hero with SAO, shoot magic from your fingertips and even fly in ALO, and then GGO as an honest to goodness true fps. They're worlds built so that people would want to experience them, so much more immersive than controllers and tv screens or even oculus-level VR, and thats what makes them real.

>"In this world, a single blade can take you anywhere you want to go. And even though it's a virtual world, I feel more alive in here than I ever did in the real one."
>>
>>19412
>Horrible self-insert and wish fullfillment protag (wangsty and overpowered to boot!) and his bitch whose roles ruin a not that bad setting
>cool show and manga with some pros and flaws, but with obnoxious teen and pseudo nerdy/hipster fans abound
>Haven't seen, godd for mellodrama and incest
>Haven't seen (may do some day) but actually decent gateway anime
>Ditto as AOT
>A bit strange, both campy (really fabulous and silly) and edgy at times. Underages like the edgy part
>Nice setting, thrilling. S1 good almost leaning to average. S2 bad
>>
>>19412
>interesting concept, poorly written characters, poorly filled plotholes.
>haven't seen
>i can't really find a gimmick that differentiates it from most other harem anime, I guess the actual incest is it's selling point?
>consistent, very good entry-level anime
>full of itself and the story goes to shit after a certain someone dies
>art is questionable but generally an overall pleasant experience if you can stand extreme power level inflation
>kind of edgy, unique take on a utopia/dystopia story, pretty okay
>>
File: 1451453002012.jpg (59 KB, 630x498) Image search: [Google]
1451453002012.jpg
59 KB, 630x498
>Sword art online
Good till faries
>Attack on Titan
Good , complex plot. Decent animation style
>Oreimo
Raged at end
>Full metal alchemist
Seen both og and brotherhood and both movies. One of the best I've ever seen
>Deathnote
Never finished, spoilers
>Code geass
Never seen
>Psycho pass
Never finished, plan to someday
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.