[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Another unusual request: stories in which the use of physical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
Another unusual request: stories in which the use of physical tears (from sadness, joy, remorse, etc.) is a plot point. Not the act of crying, the byproduct of it.

Manga, anime, novels, film, television, music, and whatever else. Real-life events involving it are fine, too.
>>
>>19323
Didn't phoenix tears in Harry Potter heal that basilisk wound in the second book.
>>
>>19333
I remember that scene. That counts, yes.
>>
The Hannibal TV show, which is fucking fantastic, is the only thing to come to mind.
Tears play part in a secondary character's arc, as a tangent that only actually comes up a couple times for flavor, but it still does a great job of explaining his personality.

Why this very specific request, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>19323
In pokemon the first movie tears bring Ash back to life/sober him up from being stoned to death.
>>
In the universe of Wakfu, there's a beast called Ogrest that cries so much it's flooded the entire world in an apocalypse. Three OVA episodes that take place after the first 2 seasons are about this happening for a second time.
>>
>>19351
The tears of Pokemon. It was cheesy then, and it still is now.
And I still love that scene.

>>19345
I'm actually writing a novel of my own.

A curse that has lived alongside mankind creates a repeating day for a fated death. Only the two brothers who bear it can answer this question: should none die alone and unknown?

One respects death; the other prevents it. Neither sees themselves as good or evil; just travelers of a path. Whatever their stance, they agree on one thing: the world needs a Confidant.

If you're interested in my story, search Cold Bricks Glow.
>>
I wonder if the Moon's Tear from Majora's Mask counts, since it's a lunar rock that's needed for Deku Link to access the Clock Tower.

It would depend on whether it's actually formed from the moon's eye, or simply a coincidence.
>>
An article I stumbled upon, which I'll look deeper into:
https://www.nytimes.com/books/first/l/lutz-crying.html

>The earliest written record of tears is found on Canaanite clay tablets dating from the fourteenth century B.C. Named after the village in northwestern Syria where they were found by archaeologists, the Ras Shamra Texts are a series of clay tablets and fragments of tablets from the ancient city of Ugarit, which was destroyed by an earthquake in the early thirteenth century B.C. Although ancient Greek and other texts spoke of Ugarit as a fabled city of advanced civilization and learning, no one was sure of its exact location until an Ugarit tomb was uncovered in Ras Shamra in 1931. The tablets found in the ensuing excavations contain a narrative poem about the death of Ba'al, an earth god worshiped by several ancient Middle Eastern cultures. One of the fragments tells the story of the virgin goddess Anat, the sister of Ba'al, as she hears the news of his death. Quite naturally, she weeps at the news. The accepted scholarly translation is that Anat "continued sating herself with weeping, to drink tears like wine." This, the earliest mention of tears in history, suggests that they are induced by grief, and that they offer satiety, even a kind of intoxication.
>>
>>19333
One of the few things I liked from the second movie of the seventh book: Harry using Snape's tears in the Pensieve.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.