[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What anime do you guys recommend to someone who's bored,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 200_s.gif (44 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
44 KB, 400x200
What anime do you guys recommend to someone who's bored, has nothing to watch and loves stuff like The Tatami Galaxy, Welcome to the NHK and Oyasumi Punpun?
Those sort of dark coming-of-age tales and whatnot.
>>
Ping Pong

Kids on the Slope
>>
>>18871
I already checked out Ping Pong, and I liked it a lot.
I heard of Kids on the Slope but I haven't checked it out yet. I'll give it a shot soon.
>>
Ignoring your preferences. If you haven't seen the first two seasons of the animator expo, download it and enjoy the ride.
>>
>>18889
The third season is also good, check it all out.
>>
>>18907
I'm sure it is but I'm holding off till it's complete and I can watch it all at once.
>>
File: UltraHeaven_vol2_106.png (476 KB, 1103x1600) Image search: [Google]
UltraHeaven_vol2_106.png
476 KB, 1103x1600
I have no idea what you have and haven't seen, and 'sort of dark coming-of-age tales and whatnot' is pretty vague to go on, but from what you've listed I'd suggest maybe trying (if you haven't already):

Monogatarishit
Jinrui
Ultra Heaven
FLCL
Lolita
>>
I haven't watched the anime, but Aku no Hana is really good manga about a dark coming-of-age.
>>
>>18856
Aku no Hana, manga or anime. Also Onanie Master Kurosawa. Maybe Koe no Katachi.
>>
>>18923
It's been finished for months.
>>
File: 1374274061723.gif (992 KB, 500x256) Image search: [Google]
1374274061723.gif
992 KB, 500x256
>>18966
Also, be warned of the rotoscope. It looks really bad most of the time, but it's weird surrealness enhances the atmosphere of the story, I think.
>>
>>18952
By Jinrui do you mean Humanity Has Declined? That's actually one of my favorites.
I've been somewhat interested in Monogatari, but it seems like there's a lot to go through. Where do I even start with that?
>>18966
>AnH
>OMK
Seen both of them. AnH is okay, but I do really like OMK. I've heard of Koe no Katachi of course, but I hear the ending is shit. Is it still worth reading anyway?
>>
>>19002
Your start at bakemonogatari and continue in the order they aired in
>>
>>19015
Is Katanagatari related in any way, or do they just have similar names?
>>
>>19017
Written by same guy, but no relation to garati series.
Its good tho - One of my favorites.
>>
>>19002
Read the KnK one shot at least.

I don't know, it might be worth it reading the full version. I enjoyed it but at the same time was pretty disappointed by the end of it
>>
>>19017
The word "monogatari" means story or tale, so it's a common suffix for series. Bakemonogatari is a word conjunction of the word bakemono which means ghost and monogatari (sometimes in English translated to ghostory to keep the pun).
Katanagatari is a word conjunction of katana (sword) and monogatari. So it means the tale of swords.
The two are in no way related otherwise. I highly recommend Katanagatari.
>>
>>19218
I'm very much aware of all that. I already watched Katanagatari before, which is why I was asking if there was a connection between the two series since I remembered hearing that they were made by the same guy who apparently also has like ten other shows that end with "gatari"
>>
>>18871
>>18881
Kids on the slope was good, but the ending felt really sudden. Might be that the last couple of episodes were actually rushed, or I might be because I somehow had got the idea that it was a 2-cour series.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.