[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My pc is fucking fucked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: scared-nigger_fb_795107.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
scared-nigger_fb_795107.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
After having this PC for a while and playing some demanding games without any issues I started gettin some graphical crashes while in game and even just using word. The screen crashed with random lines and shit and I had to plug the pc off and clear the cmos cause it wouldnt boot. Sent the gpu to a technician and he gave it back cus he could solve it. Now it doesnt even boot, i get the post beep but the keyboard doesnt light the cap led. it works if i disconnect gpu and use integ.
Any help from the wise guys at /wsr/ ?
>>
couldnt*
>>
video card is fried
and is possibly damaging your mobo when you try to use it

mobo is probably in need of replacement soon, but graphics card is already bricked

watch out for direct x requirements if you are planning on replacing it with a used or refurbished graphics card; it's hard to remove a more recent version of directx.
>>
Fuck I was in love with my 7970. So could I be damaging other parts by using the mobo now?
>>
>>18307
nah but if plugging the card in is causing other electrical anomalies like the keyboard light thing, it's safe to say that is unwanted behavior. so i give the 'don't short your shit' warning.

i doubt the onboard graphics are enough for your purposes. i would still use that motherboard if i were on a budget, and just try a different graphics card first
>>
What would be a reasonably priced replacement for a 7970?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.