[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black screen problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: 1449722580721.jpg (12 KB, 353x352) Image search: [Google]
1449722580721.jpg
12 KB, 353x352
Hey /wsr/ a friend of mine has been having some problems with his monitor and getting games to properly display and now his monitor is completely blank, even at start up. So I'm posting this for him.

"So I was fucking around trying to get this shitty LCD TV to work as a temporary monitor before I buy a new one to replace the one that broke. It was working fine for vidya, then it only started working for Rainbow Six Siege and Skyrim at 1920x1080. Every other game I tried to run at that resolution just made the monitor go blank and say "please change computers screen resolution." It's a Phillips TV. So I tried to fuck around and see what went wrong and went into the display options for the new AMD Crimson drivers. I went to scaling and set it to preserve aspect ratio and the screen just went black and the same text popped up. I tried hitting escape to revert changes but it didn't work. I rebooted and the screen is doing it at the startup screen."

He's using Windows 10 too, whether that is affecting things I'm unsure.
>>
Screen should have a factory reset in settings
>>
File: 1450191907619.png (66 KB, 197x225) Image search: [Google]
1450191907619.png
66 KB, 197x225
>>18148
That's what I suggested as well

"Yeah but I didn't change ANY screen options through the monitor. Just the computer."
>>
File: 1450268054025.jpg (54 KB, 714x682) Image search: [Google]
1450268054025.jpg
54 KB, 714x682
>>18150
Apparently there is no factory reset option on the monitor/tv either. Shit must be ancient I suppose
>>
>>18147
>>18147
Keep rebooting it when it finishes loading, and it'll come back up in safe mode.

From safe mode, replace the "generic PNP monitor" .inf with a .inf that actually drives your monitor.

Profit.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.