[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Put together a new pc, but it doesn't have on-board video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1449694453200.png (314 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449694453200.png
314 KB, 500x500
Put together a new pc, but it doesn't have on-board video output port. I've tried booting it with a graphics card, but I can't even get it to bios.

What do?

Specs

MSI 970A-G43
AMD FX Series (I can't be fucked to remember)
Asus R7 370
8GB single card of DDR3
Samsung 256GB SSD
Seagate 1TB HDD
>>
Is this an upgrade? Or you just got all the parts?
>>
>>18080
Long story short, my uncle knew I built my pc, and as a gift to my cousin, went to tiger direct and bought all these parts that the floor salesperson recommended instead of following the falconguide I gave him. He then on christmas eve requested I build the pc. It's a from scratch, expensive (As you can see) build, and I have no idea if these parts are even all compatible.
>>
>>18085
your uncle sounds like a bit of a retard
>>
>>18087
That's not the point. The point is I don't like to disappoint if I can help it.
>>
>>18095
I guess
>>
>>18066
>>18085
>>18095

Can you figure out what the exact CPU is, and confirm that it is indeed the 970A-G43 (and not, for example, G45)?
>>
>>18097
I lost the manual for the CPU but my memory is leading to it being an FX-6120, given it is 6 cores and the mentioned price.

As for the motherboard, the manual is sitting right in front of me, so I'm pretty sure it's the aforementioned G43
>>
>>18104
Just curious because I actually had to flash the BIOS the other day on a G45 for FX series support.

I'm guessing you've already stumbled across this?
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1963315/wont-display-picture-msi-970a-g43.html
>>
>>18113
I've just tried flashing the bios, but I'm pretty sure the pc isn't even getting past POST
>>
>>18122
I am very doubtful as to whether I fried the motherboard with static, given I was the only one to touch the parts.

Everything boots up like it would on any other computer, all hard drives spinning, all fans starting, same for the graphics card. It just doesn't present any picture whatsoever.
>>
>>18127
>It just doesn't present any picture whatsoever
Are you sure the problem isn't with the monitor? Does it function properly when hooked up to another rig?
>>
>>18066

Did you install the video card in PCI_E2 expansion slot as mentioned on page 1-18 of your mobo manual?

Did you try clearing the CMOS by disconnecting system from power source and leaving the CMOS battery out for about five minutes?

Did you accidentally bend one of your cpu pins i did that is was like a hair our of alignment and it would do anything except spin the fans but i straitened the pin an exacto knife and now i am commenting from that computer

>If none of the above ded MOBO.
>>
>>18234
The monitor is fine, I'm connecting with HDMI if that matters.

The card is in the PCI-E2 slot and the CMOS was cleared, but no dice.
>>
>>18269
Sorry for late reply.
Sounds dumb, but...

Are you using the OEM cable for the monitor?

Non OEM cable can cause a ground loop and some fucked up noises.

Try connecting with VGA or other cable.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.