[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Torrent Client Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: uTorrent Memory Usage.png (4 KB, 376x78) Image search: [Google]
uTorrent Memory Usage.png
4 KB, 376x78
Lately I've started torrenting a lot more than usual, and I've run into ram issues. I've used uTorrent and QBitTorrent and both of them max out my ram after a while of uploading. I've got 16GB of ram, so it's not like that should be the issue. I've tried Googling the problem, but the only answers I got were contradictory and didn't completely work anyway (although the answer I got for QBitTorrent did slow ram usage down by a lot, but only down to what uTorrent was doing). Unlike what other people are saying, closing the program doesn't clear the 10+GB of used ram instantly, it takes hours for it to go back down. So does anyone know how to fix this, or know a client that doesn't have this issue?
>>
>>17017
rtorrent is the lightest one. It runs on CLI though, so if you want a gui, you can use rutorrent as a frontend, but it won't be as light.
>>
>>17042
I don't care if it uses up 5GB of ram, as long as it doesn't use all of my ram over time
>>
>>17052
rtorrent is what seedboxes usually run.
>>
>>17042
It's obviously not the torrent programm causing the RAM to be full.
Please post full specs, there are sometimes faulty drivers related to network cards (some intel like Killa driver) responsible for memory leaks
>>
>>17108
I'll try updating the drivers then, and here's the specs:
http://www.msi.com/product/notebook/GT70-2QD-Dominator.html#hero-overview
>>
You should install µtorrent 2.0.4 and not the latest botnet version which even has a bitcoin mines
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-28+at+12.12.54).png (30 KB, 1036x653) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-28+at+12.12.54).png
30 KB, 1036x653
>>17148
culprit spotted fucking killer lan adapters.
Had/have the same problem. It's a memory leak in the killer lan adapter. You should have some kind of killer "killer network manager" ? that monitors current bandwith and total usage of programms and stuff.

Disable the bandwith control, that should suffice. Also updating the drivers won't help as they never bothered to fix that leak.
>>
>>17163
Might want to check the board you're on...
>>
>>17162
I don't seem to have that option; at least not in the program that you took a screenshot of. Is it somewhere else, or hidden in some way?
>>
>>17017
>96mb
>74% memory used
the fuck
>>
>>17186
It's not displaying properly; it's the same as when I had multiple memory leaks after installing Windows 10
>>
File: clip+(2015-12-28+at+12.52.31).png (54 KB, 1022x1246) Image search: [Google]
clip+(2015-12-28+at+12.52.31).png
54 KB, 1022x1246
>>17186
Great thing about that memory leak is that it only show up in a special windows drivers developer cmd tool

>>17182
Don't forget to reboot as just disabling it won't free the memory.
>>
>>17162
>>17191
What possible benefit does a "killer" LAN adapter offer over an Intel 82572?
>>
>>17191
Weird, mine says "Enable Advanced Stream Detect" there, no mention of bandwidth. I disabled it and restarted though
>>
>>17197
It doesn't seem to have worked, although it may be slower than before. Any other ideas?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.