[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime MOVIES with beautiful art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: wallpaper.jpg (3 MB, 1500x2202) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper.jpg
3 MB, 1500x2202
I'm looking for anime MOVIES with beautiful art. Think Wolf Children and 5 Centimeters Per Second. Actually, aren't there any images like 4chan usually makes that show all the most beautiful anime movies?

Also, I'm looking for MOVIES, not SERIES.
>>
well, films by Miyazaki are a no-brainer, with the visual pinnacle without a doubt being Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi (Spirited Away). i don't care much about the plot, but there is no denying that the movie is absolutely fucking gorgeous and rich in detail.

i also quite enjoyed the animation on Toki o kakeru shôjo (The Girl who leapt through Time) and Paprika. Kôkaku Kidôtai (Ghost in the Shell) has a lot of visual depth, where the visuals tell about as much of the story as the dialogue does.

you've probably seen all of them, since they are well-known :-)
>>
>>16727
>aren't there any images like 4chan usually makes that show all the most beautiful anime movies?

some are in here:

>>11394
>>
>>16727
Redline has a staggering amount of frames and something is always happening. The art is vibrant and colorful. There's a reason why it took them like 6 years to make the movie.
>>
>>16727
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence is a little darker, but I still think it's only of the most beautiful films ever. Also Evangelion 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo. The visuals were wild.

Anything by Hosoda (Wolf Children) is great (Summer Wars, The Girl Who Lept Through Time), and Shinkai's films are known for their art direction (Garden of Words, 5 Centimeters, Children Who Chase Lost Voices, Voices of a Distant Star).
>>
>>16727
Define 'beautiful' art
>>
>>16847
>Think Wolf Children and 5 Centimeters Per Second

Anon-Kun, get better fucking reading comprehension.
>>
File: monstro.gif (2 MB, 210x139) Image search: [Google]
monstro.gif
2 MB, 210x139
>>16727
>>
>>16863
>>16727
How important is plot and/or other aspects?
>>
>>16836
>Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence is a little darker, but I still think it's only of the most beautiful films ever.

while i do love the movie and it certainly has its beautiful moments, i don't really like the visuals. the obvious use of CGI really puts me off the visuals compared to the first part.
>>
Angel's Egg is something of an acquired taste, but the visuals are stunning.
>>
>>16727
You should watch everything from Makoto Shinkai, he's the director of 5cm's per second, all of his movies look beautiful.
Garden of Words is a good start.
>>
You should watch "It's Such A Beautiful Day".
It's not anime, but you should watch it anyway
>>
>>16870
Plot is important but not as important as fantastic art.
>>
"When Marnie was There" was very beautiful in my opinion
>>
I'm downloading all Ghibli and Makoto Shinkai movies.

Any other recommendations?
>>
Macross Plus is enjoyable as a standalone movie. (Don't even think of watching DYRL without watching SDF first)
>>
The Wings of Honneamise has some of the most gorgeous background art that I've seen.
>>
>>16727
>5 Centimeters Per Second
>pic
obviously everything by that studio and writer
>>
I just watched The Place Promised in Our Early Days. Good shit. Are Shinkai's later movies even better?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.