[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Built a new pc, works fine when I use the motherboards dedicated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Gigabyte-GTX-950-OC.jpg (154 KB, 1140x1000) Image search: [Google]
Gigabyte-GTX-950-OC.jpg
154 KB, 1140x1000
Built a new pc, works fine when I use the motherboards dedicated graphics, but when I put in my gtx 950 there is no display. I've tried all suggested solutions with no avail, so what should I try before returning the gpu under the assumptions it's dead?

Specs:
cpu: i5 4460
psu: cx500m
1tb wd hdd
mb: hm81m plus
8gb ram
hyper 212x cpu cooler
>>
Use the connector from gtx 950.
>>
>>16623
it didn't even have one in the box, all I got was the gpu and a quick guide
>>
>>16628
I can see from the picture that you have 2 of DVI, 1xHDMI and 1xDP. Use on of them instead of the dedicated graphics connector.
>>
>>16608
Make sure you've connected the PCIe power connectors at the top of the card, one actual physical wire per connector.

If your PSU comes with a clever wire that lets you plug it into two sockets, don't. Use a wire for each socket, like God intended.
>>
>>16629
already tried, failed
>>
>>16642
Take a picture of the connected card.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>16643
Just put in back in, this is how it was.
>>
>>16647
Disconnect hdds and CPU fan from power source just to see if that's the problem.
>>
>>16647
Also, default all settings in BIOS.
>>
>>16655
I already done that, I know it's a gpu issue.
>>
>>16658
Ok i'll try that
>>
>>16658
So reset everything and it didn't display.
>>
>>16668
Init display first: onboard <---- X
PCIe <----- O
>>
>>16672
That's what I set it to before, and yet no signal.
>>
>>16668
GPU's dead. Less likely, PCI is fucked. You could try to enable PCI slot in BIOS although it should be enabled by default anyway. Try the card elsewhere if you can / put some other card in.
>>
>>16688
the fan still spins on the gpu, could it still be dead?
>>
>>16695
Yup. Other thing I can think of is not enough power for GPU.
>>
>>16698
Nope, I'm well above the minimum. I'll return the gpu.
>>
Thanks everyone for your help.
>>
>>16701
Ugh, did everyone lose their brain?
If OP has been using Dedi Graphics prior to using new GPU, you've gotta tell the MOBO and BIOS that you want it to use the GPU as priority #1.

>DISABLE ONBOARD GPU IN BIOS
>>
>>16791
Could be. On the other hand my BIOS switches automatically to PCI if the card is detected.
>>
>>16794
"Automatically"

Tell the new Series of Intul CPU/GPU's. They're supposed to be "Automatic" but they arent.

Make sure that you've got the GPU connected with the correct cables, in the correct places.

>Disable Intergrated Graphics
>Run Safe boot
>Report back.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.