[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was playing Dark Souls and after I entered a boss area, the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: dpc_watchdog_violation.png (11 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
dpc_watchdog_violation.png
11 KB, 600x400
I was playing Dark Souls and after I entered a boss area, the background music began stutter-looping and eventually the whole thing froze, leading to bsod

When it first rebooted, it asked to insert a boot device or select one after rebooting, which is what I did.

Now everytime I boot, the spinning circles loading screen just sits thre for 10 mins, then it says it is checking and repairing D drive. This takes around 30 minutes. Then it goes away, and after 5 mins or so the login screen comes up.

The whole thing is super slow. I start typing the password and it takes around 10 seconds for the characters to show up. Then it's stuck on "Welcome" for a long ass time. When the desktop shows up, only default windows icons (folder, txt file, recyc bin etc) are loaded, everything else is the notloaded white square. I can move the cursor with no delay but cant interact with anything.

This is leading me to think something is hogging the cpu and slowing everything to a literal crawl. I notice the laptop's hdd access light is always lit from startup regardless of any input I try (or not).

Ive researched a bit and there's sayings abouy touchpad drivers causing these issues (I noticed my touchpad's scroll function was one day randomly inverted, but I didnt pay it mind since I use a mouse), and would have removed the driver if I could even get the device manager open (maybe it will eventually, but im just sitting here and nothing's happening). I have also not installed anything but the game in the last month, and have had no problems or crashes since I installed the OS

Any help would be highly appreciated
>>
>>16301
Your drive in on the blink.

The pauses are the OS trying to read a sector, and having to wait for the disk to try over and over again before it eventually succeeds or gives up.

TURN YOUR COMPUTER OFF NOW.

Go buy a new disk, and ghost as much as you can save from your old disk before it dies. Don't waste the time you have left with it.
>>
>>16312
Well shit
Well I guess it's time for dat ssd
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.