[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My ISP is now cracking down on piracy. I need a way to pirate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1380726585648.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1380726585648.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
My ISP is now cracking down on piracy. I need a way to pirate games without getting caught by them. No VPN. Any idea?
>>
Change ISP.
>>
>>16255
I live in a place where there's only 2 ISPs, and I'm already with the lesser evil.
>>
>>16253
Usenet.

Even to the NSA, it looks just like every other SSL connection.
>>
>>16272
Can you pirate anything from there? Do you have any guide on how to use it?
>>
>>16253
On Steam make a friend who lives in a place that doesn't give a shit about piracy. Ask him to download the torrent and then upload it to MEGA for you.
>>
>>16253
Why can't you use a VPN?
>>
>>16302
I'm scared of being annoying, though.
>>16315
Because they cost money.
>>
>>16331
You can literally use a Starbucks gift card to pay for PrivateInternetAccess
>>
File: Untitled.png (12 KB, 508x980) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12 KB, 508x980
Any VPN users in this thread? I have some questions of my own.

How many IPs does the average VPN come with?

Is there anyway to combine a VPN with Tor? The one I'm thinking of buying doesn't seem the safest but it has a lot of IPs, which is my main concern. I was wondering if you could make it so that the IP displayed by the VPN is what appears to the internet, but anyone backtracking it would still have to go through the Tor network. Pic related is what I had in mind.
>>
Where the fuck do you live that an ISP feels the need to crack down on piracy?

>hurr let's put our own clients in jail surely this will keep them as our paying customers :^)
>>
>>16354
Quebec.
>>
>>16331
>Because they cost money.
And? Most popular VPNs cost less than $5/month.
>>
>>16370
If I had an income at all, I wouldn't need to pirate.
>>
>>16253
Question OP, what ISP is it?
>>
>>16450
Videotron.
>>
>>16451
lol my isp also cracked me down im with bell.
go on hide.me use free one.
>>
>>16481
>free vpn
don't
>>
>>16482
is the best thing to do just download tor and pirate by their??
>>
>>16344
The number of VPNs depend on the provider. Private Internet Access (the people I use) have a list of "Servers" which I presume to also be # of IP addresses. https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/network/

Unfortunately, many of these are treated like TOR nodes (albeit with better bandwidth) and are blocked on sites like Wikipedia and Hulu.

As for the VPN tunneling after Tor - It's something I think is safe asking /g/ about. That's a tech question the average person wouldn't happen to know.

>>16481
>>16485
Speeds are most likely crap and they're most likely siphoning bandwidth or injecting ads into your browsing experience. Dangerous shit, nigga.

For p2p and TOR, no, don't do it. You will get caught.
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/bittorrent-over-tor-isnt-good-idea
>>
>>16253
Peerblock. It's better than nothing.
>>
>>16355
Nigga, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Under Canadian copyright law and the Berne Convention, you can only be sued for up to $5000 for piracy, and with all the legal fees companies would have to deal with to get that money from you, they won't even do a damn thing.
>>
>>16538
This.

If you don't seed like a good goyim and use this then you will never get caught.
>>
>>16544
OP said that his ISP is cracking down on piracy, so I'm assuming he's more worried about his ISP cutting off their service to him more than he's worried about getting sued. Not many ISPs do that, but some do.
>>
really?
cracking down on piracy?
but it seems everyone pirates
>>
where do you live? Isn't it privacy infringement if they actually check what you're downloading?
>>
>>16331
>Because they cost money.
There are many free vpns that don't log data, you just need to search it. GetPrivate, for example, doen't log data.
>>
>>16601
No, because what happens is you upload to a stooge for the MPAA, and then there's no privacy infringement because you knowingly and voluntarily sought him out and sent him infringing material.

He's not spying on anybody, because he's already an actual party to the infringement.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.