[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ASUS MOBO HELP (Reward offered)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_1708[1].jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1708[1].jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I have an issue with my Asus Maximus VIII Hero

The board ran great for a few months. I had an 980ti SLI set up on it, one referance the other one a EVGA hybrid.

I opened my case and switched the cards around to se if the referance would stay at lower temps in a different position. Thats all I did.

When I attempted to boot it up, the MOBO gave me a 00 error code. I know this is undefined.

I tested my power supply on another board. works fine

I took out all GPU/RAM/SATA/Perephials.

Still a 00 error code.

What could be wrong?

Pic related, my set up.

Anyone that solves this, I swear to god, will get fallout 4 on steam
>>
>>16150
Bios isn't detected. You need to RMA your motherboard.

I'll take a $30-$50 steam code instead.

[email protected]
>>
>>16150
>>16161
Also to note with my reply. This isn't something you can fix yourself. Asus has a fast RMA process. Call them first.
>>
The mobo needs to be rma'd, but you should also swap your gpu's, so the reference 980 is on the bottom, it'll have a bit more room to get rid of the heat and if you improve your cable management it'll look nicer too.
>>
>>16171
Thats the swap that i did

>>16161

Ok obviously RMA is something ive thought if. Im looking for trouble shooting solutions to try now, whichever one works get the game/card
>>
>>16174
Ow, I just thought you made a mistake while typing seeing as in the pic it's the other way around. You probably damaged the mobo while switching the gpus.
>>
>>16184
I think youre right :/ i was very careful. I Discharged all static. I think i touched the board maybe once in total. All well. Im going to try use their BIOS USB Flash thingy before i give up hope.
>>
>>16187
Sooooo since I replied first, do I get my steam card?
>>
>>16187
I will give you one last list of tips though. You should really do a thorough check of everything, try booting with one ram stick, try the integrated gpu by plugging a hmdi/vga cable in the mobo, make sure everything is connected correctly (I know you've probably done this already, but checking can't hurt), I've googled the 00 code and it seems like it actually stands for "unused", so the mobo doesn't recognize everything that's connected to it, try plugging the mobo speaker in and google the beep code. If you feel like I actually helped you. SteamID: fjhus16 e-mail: [email protected]
>>
>>16197
I saved your info. Im going to spend another hour on it, and if any of it works, expect your gift. add me on steam: MrBradyLetMeIn
>>
>>16203
I wish you luck, I'll add you.
>>
>>16203
Wow......the first reply told you what you needed to do and you say you're giving to the guy that gave you tips on what could be wrong but is not. ASUS website even says if you get 00 code to RMA it
>>
>>16150
Wait, you're powering a second GPU off the first's rat-tails?

How the fuck do you expect that to work?

Each wire is rated for 150w, so you're only providing 300w total, telling the GPUs they're getting 600w total, and expecting it to work.
>>
>>16239
ok that setup didnt work, and that was an old pic. I realized it was a mistake

im not a wise man

>>16229
The first guy didnt attempt to solve the issue through troublshooting. he just said "return it"
>>
>>16240
Because RMAing it is the only option here. Ask ASUS themselves....You're literally wasting time doing other stuff
>>
>>16305
Wait a second.

It was working fine, OP broke it, and your advice is "ask the manufacturer to give you a new one, when it was you that broke it"?
>>
>>16311
No, ASUS states that an error code of 00 allows for RMA because:

Error 00 = bios isn't being read
>>
>>16320
So to get a free motherboard, all you need to do is also break the BIOS chip?

Sounds pretty sweet to me.
>>
>>16338
Doing "that" wont produce an error code 00
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.