[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where to start Fate series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: 25295_fate_zero.jpg (268 KB, 1200x693) Image search: [Google]
25295_fate_zero.jpg
268 KB, 1200x693
I'd like to start watching this series but I don't know where to start. Zero or Stay Night. And what is Unlimited Blade Works? Help guys.
>>
File: fsn guide.jpg (4 MB, 1346x10000) Image search: [Google]
fsn guide.jpg
4 MB, 1346x10000
Read the original VN, then watch Zero and UBW.
>>
Start with Zero then watch UBW. They're both made by the same studio whereas the Stay Night anime was not and it's shit.Do not watch the UBW movie as that was also made by the studio that did Stay Night. The original Fate/Stay Night visual novel has three routes whose story differs considerably. The Fate route,the UBW route and the Heaven's Feel route. The Stay Night anime that you shouldn't watch is mainly based on the Fate route with lots of liberties taken and it's shit not to mention the route was boring even in the visual novel. UBW is more action centered and Heaven's Feel is heavy on the story and general drama and is also getting an adaptation by the same studio that did Zero and UBW. Keep in mind that Zero is completely different than UBW and most people with no previous knowledge of the series are really turned of by it. By the way the ideal way to experience the franchise would be to read the visual novel first and then the Fate/Zero novel before going into the anime stuff but that shit is like 90h long.
>>
>>16021
>Start with Zero then watch UBW
Don't do this, Zero is a prequel and it assumes you played the 3rd route of the original VN and it stars throwing spoilers from the first minute and leaves many things poorly explained or even completely unexplained, not to mention that it will turn you into a secondary of the worst class and make you a cancer on /a/

As said above, the best way to experience it is to read the play the original VN first, it doesn't take that much it takes 20-30h at most for all 3 routes and that's if you listen to every voice over and go back and play every dead end and every scene.
>>
File: 1450600880923.jpg (2 MB, 3543x4455) Image search: [Google]
1450600880923.jpg
2 MB, 3543x4455
>>15916
1. Ignore anyone who ever says to start with Zero
2. Read the VN: fate, UBW, HF (in this order; each are different routes)
3. Watch Zero, then the recent Ufotable UBW anime if you want
4. Read FHA, the sequel to FSN
5. Read Tsukihime
6. Watch Carnival Phantasm
Bonus: Watch Kara no Kyoukai

You know how to get the VN?
>>
>>16094
worth noting you can't actually read UBW or HF before Fate, you aren't given the option.
>>
>>16103
You can download and play the routes individually now. I did it with UBW to refresh my memory before the anime started.
>>
>>16105
Wow, times have changed.
>>
>>16105
>>16106
Yeah the re-re-re-released Realta Nua as separate routes on PC
>>
File: 1425107756884.jpg (1005 KB, 3545x4527) Image search: [Google]
1425107756884.jpg
1005 KB, 3545x4527
>>15916
>Fate/stay night VN
Very recommended to start here because the core concepts of the world building are done in the first route of the VN (Fate) which you will not see anywhere else.
>Fate/Zero
Watch the anime or read the LN. The anime did a great job overall and it would be a waste not to watch it even if you read the LN.
>Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV)
Not the fucking movie. And while on the topic of the movie, don't watch the "original" anime either (the one by DEEN).

If you really can't into VNs, then you're not in a good position. At the very least get through the Fate route then watch UBW, then the Heaven's Feel movie (soon), then watch Fate/Zero. Fate/Zero should only be seen after you've gone through all of Fate/stay night.

And also, you can watch the Kara no Kyoukai movies whenever you want as they're unrelated apart from universe and animation studio (it's one of the best animation you'll see period).
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.