[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey I'm going out on a limb here but maybe you guys can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: pathfinder-bios-setup[1].png (426 KB, 533x401) Image search: [Google]
pathfinder-bios-setup[1].png
426 KB, 533x401
Hey I'm going out on a limb here but maybe you guys can give me a hand

My computer broke and I didn't do anything to prompt it breaking.

At first it was unable to detect an array-- and I have no idea what that means. After a few more tries it now says "Floppy Disks Fail"

AND NOW when I boot it up, instead of the screen being blue like it should be, it's this horrifying red-colored white noise and I'm pretty sure I'm just out thousands of dollars, huh?

Does anyone know what the problem is or how I could fix it?

I'm on this screen:
>>
sounds like the power supply is failing. don't keep turning it on since that might further damage other components (it may have already killed the hard drive).
>>
>>157852

Do you know what this red-noise screen is that I'm having trouble with? Is this something you've heard of?
>>
>>157849
where and what did it actually say? it could be referencing your HDD setup when it said array and you need to change to your hdd setting to ahci or raid.

what do you mean blue like it should be? when you enter bios? if its like that in your bios it could be your mobo failing, you failed a bios update/flash, or your psu dying. sounds like your sata connectors or hdd setup has something wrong if it says floppy disks fail.

or maybe you just selected floppy as your boot disk
>>
>>157859
not enough power getting to your video card. if you keep fiddling with the power, you'll end up with a black screen (card finally get dmaged). get a new psu.
>>
>>157859
sounds like gpu isn't getting enough power, probably the psu then. its either that or your vga/hdmi cable is broken, your gpu overheat, or you weren't on a surge protector
>>
File: WIN_20160718_035511.jpg (279 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160718_035511.jpg
279 KB, 1280x720
>>157865
>>157863

Do NOT keep attempting to fix this problem then, eh?
>>
>>157867
turn it off you retard you are going to kill your gpu. go test your psu
>>
>>157869

How do I do that?
Like a store or something?
>>
>>157870
how are you on the internet right now dude. google it, some psu come with a tool to test them with but if you don't have it you can get it from radio shack or some shit for like less than $10.

have you made sure your psu cable isn't just loose and are you plugged directly into the wall?
>>
>>157867
Before you go nuts, check your monitor cable.

Even HDCP is still transmitted as three separate channels across three separate wire pairs.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.