[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
iPhone 4s Downgrade to IOS 7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: iphone4s.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
iphone4s.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
Is there anyway to downgrade an iPhone 4s to IOS 7? Not IOS 6 or 8. Specifically IOS 7 (any version of IOS 7).

Basically I updated so I could play Pokemon Go. But now my phone is super laggy, so I want to downgrade.

I want to keep the control center option (control center is where you swipe up from the bottom of the screen to access brightness and whatnot) but also be able to run my phone a little faster. That's why I specifically want IOS 7, and not IOS 6 or 8.
>>
>>157265
No. You can't downgrade to iOS 7 without SHSH blobs and powerful exploits. SHSH blobs are devices specific too, so if you don't have them you can't use anyone else's. Even if you had a bootrom exploit the downgrade would be tethered and cellular service is a 50/50. You might not be able to properly downgrade the baseband firmware.

On the bright side you can downgrade to iOS 6.1.3. Your device must be jailbroken first. Look into OdysseusOTA. This only works because A5 devices on iOS 5.1.1 must update to iOS 6 before going to a higher firmware OTA (over the air). For that reason Apple has no choice but to continue signing iOS 6.1.3 in their servers.
>>
>>157265
4S on 9.x is perfectly acceptable, so long as you uninstall Facebook, Messenger, Whatsapp, etc. etc.

Not close. Uninstall.

>>157265
>I updated so I could play Pokemon Go
Pokemon Go is iPhone 5 and later, no?
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.