[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trying to get into a locked HTC One S. I'm at the point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Magic the Gathering - Progenitus.jpg (172 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Magic the Gathering - Progenitus.jpg
172 KB, 1920x1080
Trying to get into a locked HTC One S. I'm at the point of too many password attempts. My phone isn't recognizing my primary gmail account for login, so my main option here seems to be a factory reset.

Is there a way to recover or back up internal data on my phone, such as photos, before performing this reset? I'm aware there is a program for this called adb but you seem to need that installed on the phone before hand.

The WiFi is disabled, and my phone is not rooted.
>>
Additionally, the password attempts were accidental. I KNOW my password. If there is a way to get back to that screen to swipe my pattern in, that'd also be perfect.
>>
Give it back, Tyrone.
>>
>>155330

Yeah, yeah, sure thing.

I've gotten off the phone with my phone carrier, HTC, and google. I'm currently trying to gather up a proof of purchase or IMEI number to provide to HTC, which they can apparently use to remove google protection temporarily. If that doesn't work, then I'm SOL and will have to factory reset, unless there is a way to get ADB to work on my phone.
>>
>>155339

Ugh, so I'm guessing I must have disabled USB debugging at one point on my phone. I know I had enabled before, but that point is moot.

Bumping to see if anyone else has ideas on how I could get contacts/photos off of this before factory resetting? I contacted google, and there seems to be an issue with the phone recognizing my google credentials. I saw one solution was to change your password and try logging into the phone afterwards, but my phone is offline so it wouldn't recognize the password change.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.