[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC building help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: tmp_8753-ds4-11b-94379561.jpg (284 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8753-ds4-11b-94379561.jpg
284 KB, 1920x1080
Hey guys, I need a little hardware advice for a 1200€ build in germany for mostly fps. I hope you have a look and confirm that this is a solid, medium oc build worth the money. Rhanks in advance.
P.S. Im going to purchase the sapphire rx 480 and the psu is going to be a 500w gold model from the same Manufacturer but they arent listet at pcpp

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/wCtr6X
>>
Wait for the GTX 1060 before you buy AMD trash.
>>
Nice factual advice based on research, i dig it
>>
If you plan on doing crossfire later, you should consider a higher PSU, like 750w. I don't think the gold/silver/bronze thing really matters except for special features like modularity or if you've got bad luck.

I would get a slightly cheaper case and SSD, so I can have more 4TB HDDs for more anime/games.
I only use my 200GB SSD for two games and OS.

I would use a MSI motherboard, but that's just my preference. I've had a good history with their mobos.
>>
>>155327
>If you plan on doing crossfire later
...then reconsider your plans and don't. :-P Seriously, Crossfire/SLI only seem to work less as time goes on. Investing in a bigger PSU and better cooling for the chance to possibly get some games to run faster if the stars align right as opposed to just buying a beastlier single GPU seems increasingly less worth it.

>>155302
The GTX 1060 is probably not going to be better than the RX 480 on price/performance, let alone availability. But it *is* worth waiting a month or two if you're not dying for a rig right now because current card prices are higher than they should be and there's not enough aftermarket stuff, for both AMD and Nvidia. All the RX 480 currently out there is reference model, which stinks. Wait for decently cooled 8-pin setups. And for the Nvidia cards to actually become available at the prices they should be available at.
>>
>>155327
Don't listen to this anon, based on what they said about "gold/silver/bronze thing" not mattering, they don't know what they are talking about.

Gold rated PSU will be more efficient, and deliver closer to their wattage. A 500w bronze will deliver less power than a 500w gold. You can SLI with a 500w gold of good condition, but not with a bronze.

I just built a computer for my m8 last week, and it's almost the same build, except it was a non-K CPU and a GTX 1080.

That card though, I recommend getting a GTX 1070 instead, otherwise it is a pretty significant bottle-neck to the rest of the system.
>>
>>155510
This is not true.

If it can't deliver 500w, then it is not a 500w power supply.

I'm not sure why you're making this so complicated.
>>
>>155577
mate. the bronze/silver/gold rating indicates how efficient the PSU is at converting DC/AC (I can't remember which way it goes). If it's bronze, it's got shit efficiency, so some of that power is lost in the form of heat.

a 500w bronze PSU does not deliver 500w.

this is on top of some manufacturers simply labelling their products with their PEAK wattage, which means you probably will never hit that peak.

manufacturers also measure the wattage in a room with unrealistic conditions, like in a colder than realistic room.

A really shit generic PSU labelled "500w" can very likely only deliver 250w.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/how-much-power-can-a-generic-500-w-power-supply-really-deliver/6/
>>
>>155580
>a 500w bronze PSU does not deliver 500w.
A quality PSU that's rated for 500W is capable of delivering 500W, continuously, regardless of its efficiency rating. The difference is in how much power it needs to draw from the grid while doing so -- a Bronze PSU may draw 588W while a Gold PSU may only draw 543W. That's what the whole rating is about.

Bronze is also not "shit efficiency". All these ratings are part of 80 Plus, meaning *any* PSU that's 80 Plus certified is at *least* 80% efficient (as the term implies). No 80 Plus PSU that's rated for 500W will draw more than 625W from the grid to do so, with higher ratings meaning better efficiency.

>A really shit generic PSU labelled "500w" can very likely only deliver 250w.
Yes, generic shit PSUs that claim to deliver 500W will actually not deliver 500W. Some even lie about being certified for 80 Plus. That's why 1) you never buy generic PSUs but a decent brand and 2) when in doubt, check the 80 Plus site to see if the certification is real (http://www.plugloadsolutions.com/80PlusPowerSupplies.aspx).

With a brand PSU, 500W really does mean 500W.
>>
>>155704
And just for completeness, OP is using a Super Flower, which is an excellent quality PSU (the only drawback is their limited availability). You can bet your ass that delivers 500W. The gold rating is just icing on the cake.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.