[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any manga or manhua recommendations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: sakamichi-no-apollon-3305275.jpg (151 KB, 800x1250) Image search: [Google]
sakamichi-no-apollon-3305275.jpg
151 KB, 800x1250
I am looking for some manga to get lost into, only serious stuff for adults, no kids shit please.

Something with world building, characters, atmosphere or at least mediocre writing, character progression would also be nice.

The last actually good manga I completed were, Onani Master Kurosawa and Sakamichi no Apollon.

Got anything of that quality? Would love to get lost into another manga world. Thanks in advance.
>>
File: 1451865987985.jpg (49 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451865987985.jpg
49 KB, 1920x1080
Try the classics:

Berserk(intriguing story;reasonable characterprogression, good but gory graphics)

Gantz(pretty dark and pessimistic impression of todays society mixed with sci-fi elements)

This isnt a classic but helped me killing time:

Alice in Borderland- http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/alice-in-borderland-r2890
>>
My opinion will be biased but I loved Tokyo Ghoul (the manga ofc the anime was horrendous). There is great character progression, well-written story with several twists and enough gore for the average reader. Highly recommend it
>>
>>155171
Kara no Kyoukai
>>
>>155172
Ah, love Berserk, thing broke my heart, but I drooped reading it until there are more chapters. Being trapped on a boat is no fun.

Gantz was fun for me at the start, loved the art, but I drooped it in the middle I think, after the vampire arc started. It kinda went to much all over the place for my taste.

Still thanks though :)
>>
>>155182
Yeah, read it, loved it too. Really great plot wise, but I stopped reading TG Re, seems to me the author does not know how to sell a narrative and how to see his work through the eyes of a reader.

He assumes that the casual reader and fan spends his every day thinking about his manga world, that is why he does not understand that its impossible to keep up with the character names and story lines.

The manga really needs and editor.
>>
>>155184
Hah, the anime was recommended to me multiple times, so I tried it and almost feel asleep. I know its a good anime-manga but I am afraid not my taste.

Still thanks.
>>
I'm currently reading Vinland Saga and it's amazing. Give it a shot!
>>
I would suggest: Assassination Classroom (not sure if you would find it kiddy-like though)
-Apocalypse no Toride
-How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword (yes, that is the actual title, and it's based off of/a spoof of Dragon Quest, but it's very good)
- Misappropriation Investigator Nakabo Rintaro

Other stuff you could look into are: Attack on Titan and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (if you haven't read those yet), Noblesse, and Prison School. Look into Junji Ito's works, and if you're looking for an anime I suggest Arslan Senki, and Tiger and Bunny.
>>
>>155186
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VnLY_iQxGU
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.