[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wana bcome anime trash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: sdep3pic_1.png (482 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
sdep3pic_1.png
482 KB, 1366x768
You know, /a/ kicked me out so uh, I'm here now. Gimme some iconic good anime that I should watch. Fuck me up senpai.
>>
There are non weeaboos animes. Like jojo's bizarre adventure
>>
>>155130
God but aren't there like, 6 seasons of that?
>>
evangelion is the most iconic anime of all time
>>
here's your list of iconic anime, senpai

http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopularity
>>
>>155130
>5 years ago normalfags never heard of Jojo, have no idea what it is
>meanwhile anime series for the last 20 years have been chock full of references to it
>weebs constantly joke about it and reference it to one another
>new Jojo anime comes out in 2012
>suddenly it's the new hip thing
>normalfags act like they discovered it
>posting Jojo memes that were old 10 years ago like they're on the cutting edge of anime
It's just fucking sad, man.
>>
>>155141
i don't want to give sword art online a try, heard it's garbage. and death note was pretty shitty imo
naruto, bleach, all of that shit doesn't interest me

i could use more suggestions
>>
>>155158
Kuroko no Basuke if into sports
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou if into romance & comedy
Anohana if into stuff that'll make you feel
>>
File: recommendations.jpg (3 MB, 3380x3622) Image search: [Google]
recommendations.jpg
3 MB, 3380x3622
Just end this thread already. Greetings from /a/.
>>
>>155129
Detroit Metal City for comedy
The Tatami Galaxy for romance
Psycho-Pass for sci-fi
Monster for thriller
Serial Experiments Lain for mindfuck
Anything by Satoshi Kon for psychological
Gurren Lagann for action
Kara no Kyoukai for perfection
>>
Kek. /a/ kicked me out as well.
Sword art online isn't THAT bad and i enjoyed it when i first started watching anime.
Just watch one piece or naruto or something(just a bit) then start watching harem genre anime-i recommend oreimo- it's the path i took, had fun for a while.
>>
Neon Genesis Evangelion
One of the most important anime of all time, and still very relevant.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
It was super relevant, and is still a pretty important anime to the anime community that should be watched, constantly referenced. Has some interesting storytelling gimmicks, and ends with a movie that a lot of /a/ considers the greatest masterpiece of all time, and overall just interesting.
Watch it in broadcast order, not chronological. After you finish the first season, you can continue onto season 2, or if you want to put a lot of effort into it, you can wait for a few months and watch everything in chronological. But broadcast order is the way to go for first time watching season 1. Some people will tell you to skip a bunch of episodes, but they are all important for building up a masterpiece, and helps understanding one of the greatest events in anime community history. Don't skip any episodes. Finish with the movie.

Serial Experiments Lain
A classic masterpiece, and probably the most mainstream of the deep, confusing anime. Very good anime, watch it. Apparently it used to be an important part of 4chan culture too.

Azumanga Daioh
Another classic, dominated the internet back when it was newer, still a great comedy to watch.
>>
>>155129
Eva.
Bebop.
Haruhi.
K-On.

>>155130
Kill yourself dumbshit.
>>
Madoka Magica
Hibike! Euphonium
Kino no Tabi
CLANNAD + After Story
Monogatari series
>>
>>155131
So what if there's 6 seasons? Just take your time. You don't have to watch the whole thing at once. You could do 1 episode a day. 1 episode a week. Watch it whenever you feel like. That's what I do when I watch anime - whenever I feel like watching a couple episodes.
>>
>>155162
This. Watch everything on this chart until you've got nothing left.
>>
File: 1465445330923.png (138 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1465445330923.png
138 KB, 375x375
>>155130
>Like JoJo
>>155129
The Cockpit is great
>>
File: rec_chart_v4.jpg (4 MB, 885x10000) Image search: [Google]
rec_chart_v4.jpg
4 MB, 885x10000
>>155129
Ignore the first, brown category. It's just there so the bandwagoners shut the fuck up "where is my fav animu" in the imgur/9fag/reddit comment sections. It's kinda made for that type of crowd.

It's a sorta-balanced mix of fresh stuff that's easy to get into and still talked about, and old classics that you absolutely must know. Obviously >>155162 would be a much better list for someone experienced in animu.
>>
File: wizard.png (2 MB, 746x877) Image search: [Google]
wizard.png
2 MB, 746x877
>>155130
>normalfags will stick around through the gayness of part 5 and the fever dream that is part 6
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.