[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys I was wondering if I could get some second opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: RIP CPU.jpg (4 MB, 4000x2992) Image search: [Google]
RIP CPU.jpg
4 MB, 4000x2992
Hey guys I was wondering if I could get some second opinions about my motherboard and CPU, I think one of them or both of them may be fried.

Lightning struck near my house and traveled through the cable lines, frying the modem, my router and either the CPU or Motherboard.

I've already disconnected everything except the Power Supply, the CPU and RAM. I'm getting a BIOS Post code 55, meaning that there's no RAM installed. I've already tried clearing the CMOS by moving the jumper and removing the battery. I've even tested a stick of RAM from another working system but still get the BIOS Post code. I used this stick of RAM in every RAM slot but no success.

I read that if the CPU was fried, I wouldn't be getting BIOS Post codes and that it wouldn't be hot to the touch, it still gets very hot when the computer is turned on. So I'm not exactly sure where to go from here...

Any help would be greatly appreciated anon!
>>
File: RIP Mobo.jpg (4 MB, 4000x2992) Image search: [Google]
RIP Mobo.jpg
4 MB, 4000x2992
>>155069
>>
>>155069
I think you should bring it to a store to get it thoroughly checked for any damage.
>>
File: RIP Moboard.jpg (5 MB, 4000x2992) Image search: [Google]
RIP Moboard.jpg
5 MB, 4000x2992
>>155081
Ugh I dont feel like paying someone money to do the same thing I could do from home, which is essentially buy a new motherboard and test the CPU. If the CPU works, then I know it's the motherboard. If it doesn't then I guess I don't really care because the CPU is what cost me a lot of money and I could care less to buy a new CPU for that motherboard to find out if it's the motherboard or not.

I'm seriously contemplating buying another motherboard just to test to see if it is the CPU. If it is the CPU, Ill just return the motherboard I purchased. I think that might actually be cheaper than going to someone to test it for me.
>>
>>155085
I have no idea how much that costs, I guess.

Where I grew up, a computer store might cost something like $20~30 in the local currency, which is like $15-$22 USD.
>>
>>155085
>breaks CPU
>puts broken CPU in new motherboard; breaks motherboard
>expects a refund for broken motherboard
>>
File: I just ate a fucking lemon.png (81 KB, 447x364) Image search: [Google]
I just ate a fucking lemon.png
81 KB, 447x364
>>155183
why on earth would a non-functioning cpu somehow break a new motherboard
>>
>>155196
I was thinking the same thing here lol
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.